“The filthest establishment ever” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Budget Inn and Suites Stockton to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Travelocity
Budget Inn and Suites Stockton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3473 West Hammer Lane, Stockton, CA 95219 (Formerly Vagabond Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 27 hotels in Stockton
moreno valley
“The filthest establishment ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This place was horriably disgusting service is terriable and rude dangerous individuals hang around the property sheets and towels were just discusting. Restrooms gunk all around the shower and tub floors were discusting could not take shoes off had to shower in rubber slippers this place is just horriable H

• Stayed November 2013

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I made the reservation on my cell and arrived to the hotel about 30 minutes later which was at about 11:00 pm PST. I was greeted by someone behind a thick piece of glass. I told him I had a reservation and gave him my last name. He said he couldn't find it. I told him I had booked the room via Expedia. He then said it could take up to a couple hours for Expedia to fax over the details of my stay and that I should call Expedia to expedite the FAX. The desk clerk also said that I shouldn't have used Expedia, that I would have gotten a better rate if I dealt with them directly.

When I called Expedia I was told that I shouldn't have to wait. The Expedia customer service rep said he would put me on hold while they call the hotel and spoke to the desk clerk. The Expedia rep then came back on the phone with me and said that I would pay the Expedia price but that they now have the confirmation. I hung up Expedia and the clerk proceeded to get me into a room.

The first room he put me into was room #230. It looked like the hotel was undergoing renovations. There was masking tape all around the doors. I walked into the room and the light switch wasn't working. I made my way to the bathroom only to find it was the only working light in the room. That's when I noticed that there was a pull out couch that looked like it was dragged out of a dumpster. The cushions were disgusting. Cigarette burns, black grease all over the arms. The bed was almost folded in half with a HUGE sag in the middle. Cigarette burns all over the bathroom counter top. The TV had no remote. The phone on the night stand had a bright blinking light but all the buttons on the phone were missing and the phone wasn't working. The carpet was littered with black grease and cigarette holes. It was filthy and disgusting.

A huge cockroach then ran across the room and went under the pull out. This was the most disgusting room I have ever set foot into. I would let me worst enemy stay there. To say it was disgusting was an understatement. I left the room and went down stairs and proceeded to call Expedia. When I talked to the rep, I was told that they could not get me a refund and it was up to the hotel owner to offer me one. I hung up the phone with the Expedia rep and this time there was a new desk clerk who barely spoke English. I told him the room was disgusting and that I wanted a refund. He said he couldn't give me one that he would allow me to check out but that was it.

I was tired after a long drive and was not in the mood for this. I asked for another room. This time he gave me room #236. When I opened the door, the pullout bed cushions were on top of the couch and pullout was partially open. There were empty beer cans and coffee cups everywhere. It looked like someone was in the room. I said hello anyone here?

The bed was not made, condom wrappers on the floor, vaginal lube on the TV. The bathroom had a nasty rag in the counter covered in black grease. It was disgusting!!!! See pics. I went down stairs to the lobby again. I ask the desk clerk to follow me up the room to see the condition of the room. He said he couldn't leave the lobby. There was a woman with him behind the glass. I said, why doesn't she stay there to cover the desk and to come upstairs to look at it. He said no.

I asked how they could put me into a room like that. His response was "you wanted a smoking room" and said with an attitude. I was so frustrated. All I wanted was to get the hell out of there. I asked for a manager and he said he was the manager. Nothing else, so I'm sorry, nothing. This place could care less about their customers.

I asked for another room. He said it's a non-smoking room. I said fine. Next he put me into room #326. When I approached the room, there was wadded up paper under the handle. Cigarette buts on the sill of the window and trash in front of the door. I entered the room and it reeked of marijuana. The room was cleaner but the stench was unbelievable. No working phone and the inside of the microwave was covered with food. I had had enough. I went to the lobby and demanded my money back. I was told no.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I travel extensively and use Hotels.com and Expedia for most of the stays. For Expedia to even suggest this hotel is awful. I decided to get in my car and keep driving another 3 hours to get home rather than staying in this dump. While leaving their parking lot I was approached by 3 African Americans in a beat up car asking if me if I get high.

Expedia or any other travel site should NEVER have recommend this hotel!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting to see if Expedia an get my money back. It's a holiday but my first call tomorrow is to the board of health.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This room had holes in doors of room and I felt as though was trapped in my room by the gang members that were out partying all night oh my god this was craziest motel I ever stayed at! It was like party central outside until 5am and management allows it and don't think that your car is safe either they were sitting on my vehicle. My best advice is to don't put yours or your families life in danger! It looks calm but at night it's wild and seems like its a home for gang members in red clothing and party goers at night all outside the rooms! My best advice is stay at Best Western Heritage Stockton I changed to that hotel much safer!!

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles,CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Got a quiet, clean room for a good night's sleep at a great price ($50). In the process of moving so at end of day packing the mini-storage space checked in and clerk said he upgraded us to the third floor which was in process of renewal. The room was nice, clean but the fridge was not working (not a major issue for us). Now looking for a permanent place so came back for another night. This time given a second floor room and found what looked like black mold around tub/shower and no remote for TV. Went to clerk and he gave us a different 2nd floor room, and it had same black mold issue. Went back to clerk and asked if we could get same room we had night before and he said "ok." It was available and all was well again.

Room Tip: Look at room before check in as there is NO REFUND after check in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stockton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

from outside the place looked nice and decent. We got a room for $50 and everything went smooth there. When opened the room it smelled like some one poured a whole bottle of disinfectant in the room. The room had a broken, ripped off the door chain lock. Now that scared me, seems like someone kicked the door so hard that it freaking broke off. They had a 1920s T.V and the picture was so fuzzy, pathetic, we are in 21st century for gods sake. We flushed the toilet once and it kept leaving water and making noise all night. We kept hearing noises from outside, cars, people, trucks. We were awaken by the noises several time. They only gave a us two medium sized towel for us, really. Someone was partying at the middle of the night, playing music and talking loudly about blood and gore. It really scared us, I mean we are in STOCKTON. The curtains didn't provide much privacy and when we turned the heater on it blew the curtains open.

It was expensive hotel for not having amenities that a good hotel will provide for the same price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Found a cocaroach in my bathroom, hair on the walls in the shower. Then we asked for another room,when we got there the bed was not made,it hadnt been touched by housekeeping. The guy at the front desk was very rude until i said i found a cocaroach. Dont go there!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Budget Inn and Suites Stockton? Share your experiences!