“undesireables staying at this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2654 West March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207 (Formerly Comfort Inn - Stockton / West March Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Petaluma
“undesireables staying at this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This use to be one of our favorite hotels after the recession this area has not bouced back. The City of Stockton has declared bankruptcy so there are very few police. Gangs have now taken over.

Our last 2 stays: October 2012. Shots fired on the balcony above our room. a gang was targeting someone at the Dennys resturant. We left that morning.......

June 2013. Pool occupied by undesirables. Towels seemed to be in short supply. I'm not talking about pool towels, I'm talking about room towels. My two nieces were approached by a lady who was scandally dressed and asking what their ages were. We believe prostitution has become an issue at this hotel.

Room Tip: Best western: 16 miles north of this location on I5.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

me and my boyfriend had a good and relaxing stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly! We checked in around 4pm and the receptionist was so nice. We went into the room and it was nice, clean, and smelled good. We were missing one set of towels, we called the front desk and the head house keeper brought us towels right away. Breakfast was great everything was good and when we checked out the receptionist in the morning was just the sweetest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salzburg, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I agree with all the terrible reviews and issues people have written about this hotel. There is nothing good I can say about it. We only spent a night here because we were tired and the hotel sign beckoned us from the highway. But believe me NEVER EVER again. I am yet to come across a dirtier place. In the breakfast room under the sink there was stuff lying from the last century still, it seemed, the tables were dirty, sticky, everything filthy and the lady in charge was having a chat with the receptionist all the half hour that we were there. By the look of the room she had been doing this the whole morning. Did not come out once to look after anything, to greet the guests or clean up the area. Absolutely disgusting. I shudder when I think of this night. What a terrible room, what a terrible stink in the room, what a terrible night.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

April 12, 2013 - I checked in at 3:31 AM checked out at 8:23 AM. During this time period the resident thieves stole my catalytic converter of my service truck. (2012 3500 Dodge Diesel) It cost me $3,400 for the dodge dealer to replace it. It really makes me angry when I look at reviews of this establishment, I find in January another guests had the same thing happen. I wonder how many others this has happened to, that did not take the time to write a review. The floors are dirty, trash between the wall and bed, one hand towel, one wash cloth, none of the electrical appliances were plugged in, etc. There is no security or security cameras on premises. Do not stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed. Chewed gum was stuck on the back of TV remote, the floor was dirty, shower head was dirty, foot prints on the bath tub, heater was broken, a light bulb was out. Pillows were smashed into balls. When we asked for an extra set of towels and blanket for our son, it took hours for them to respond. We had to call 3 times and talked to the manager. When we complained, the front desk person told us that if we didn't like it, we could go somewhere else. It was getting late at night and we were too tired to go find another place, so we stayed. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I actually stayed at the Comfort Inn just a few miles from this one on March Lane but there was no option for writing a review on this one but I am sure it's the same. Anyhow I was doing a long 12 hour drive down to California and had my cat with me in the car and got very sleepy. As much as i was trying to avoid stopping i had to find somewhere late at night to spend the night. I felt so blessed to find this comfort Inn because where was i going to find a last minute place while driving that accepted pets? I scored. It was super clean, suer quiet, accepted pets for only $10.00 extra and had a big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. It also included breakfast which was not so bad.The bed was super comfortable and had free wireless. And it all cost me $89.00 with a Triple A discount. I stayed at the one on So. Harlan Road in Stockton. It was right off the freeway but in a quiet location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ladysmith, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When we woke up in the morning and started our car we realized that someone had stolen the catalytic convertor during the night or while we were eating Ccoss the road in the evening. The hotel is dirty and in need of some serious upgrading and more security, after a cost of $500 and a delay of one day we were back on the road, an expensive night stay in a dump

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!