“Just the I-5 Freeway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2654 West March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207 (Formerly Comfort Inn - Stockton / West March Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 27 hotels in Stockton
“Just the I-5 Freeway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

An "ok" hotel right off the freeway and within walking distance to some nice restaurants. It has an elivator and the reception person was friendly. The room comes equipped with an iron and hair dryer and Wi Fi. The only real problems were that #1 the rug was not fully vacumed and #2 it's really hard to get into your room with the electronic key. Be sure not to leave valuables in your car.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The only good thing about our stay was your front desk girl Antionette was a delight. She was helpful and coutesous. I checked in late, after a long day of traveling alone and she gave me a downstairs non-smoking room close to the office. Gave great recommendations of area attractions and even printed out information and maps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

after driving from the los angeles area we were ready for a break. got into stockton and saw comfort inn sign and decided to stop. desk clerk was very friendly. room was clean and comfortable even tho furniture seemed a little out of date. breakfast was surprisingly good with a nice variety, did not expect so much offered for a free cont. breakfast. staff seemed to care about us and our needs. would stay here again next time passing through stockton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a softball tournament and it was the worst stay ever! First, they sold our room that we reserved because we didn't check in before 3. Then we got put in a room where the fire alarm kept going off. And then finally we got put into another room but the pillows smelt like cigarettes and there huge stains on the sheets and floor. There was not enough towels and really bad service. Hands down the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! GROSS!

• Stayed September 2012
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have you ever stayed at a hotel that served its purpose and not much more? The hotel was very near a freeway exit, for those who have difficulty navigating. Check in was efficient, if not warm. The room was average size, clean and comfortable. No complaints about the functional bathroom. Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn, with cold cereal, juices, toaster items. yogurt and do-it-yourself waffles. There is a restaurant in the parking lot. The swimming pool was too cold for us. The hotel served its purpose, but was not especially memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Bruno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I agree with Arminius1, I too, found hair in the face towel that someone most likely used to dry their hair. There was no toilet paper; but when we called down we got prompt response. The bed looked as though someone took a short nap -- one of the pillows looked slept on -- so I put it on the floor. There really should be a small fridge and microwave in the all the rooms not just the suites. The ice machines were all out of order so we had to get ice from a freezer in the lobby. The bags were frozen solid & I had nothing to break up the ice. The desk folks just watched me struggle. I had other items in my arms that I was bringing up to the room and no one offered to help me with the door. The only positive was that we could get out fast enough. We were ready to go 20 minutes before the lobby was open for breakfast and the attendant allowed us in to get coffee and a small muffin "for the road"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Kind of appropriate that the city of Stockton became the largest city in the US to go bankrupt 2 days before we arrived. And what I mean about the hotel reminds me of my childhood is that I don't believe any upgrades have been made since then. The rooms smelled of an old, worn out hotel, which it was. The first thing I noticed was the burned hole in my top bread spread, which came nowhere near my face. And though I appreciated the towel origami, I wish they had taken the time to instead pull the hairs out of them. The service, while I didn't find it rude, was not welcoming either. I kind of agree that the other customers there gave it an unfriendly feeling- running to our car in case something happened. For the money, I think I would rather spend $20 and upgrade to another choice in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!