“Adequate stay” 3 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 8 sites
Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2654 West March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207 (Formerly Comfort Inn - Stockton / West March Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Montana
“Adequate stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have you ever stayed at a hotel that served its purpose and not much more? The hotel was very near a freeway exit, for those who have difficulty navigating. Check in was efficient, if not warm. The room was average size, clean and comfortable. No complaints about the functional bathroom. Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn, with cold cereal, juices, toaster items. yogurt and do-it-yourself waffles. There is a restaurant in the parking lot. The swimming pool was too cold for us. The hotel served its purpose, but was not especially memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Bruno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I agree with Arminius1, I too, found hair in the face towel that someone most likely used to dry their hair. There was no toilet paper; but when we called down we got prompt response. The bed looked as though someone took a short nap -- one of the pillows looked slept on -- so I put it on the floor. There really should be a small fridge and microwave in the all the rooms not just the suites. The ice machines were all out of order so we had to get ice from a freezer in the lobby. The bags were frozen solid & I had nothing to break up the ice. The desk folks just watched me struggle. I had other items in my arms that I was bringing up to the room and no one offered to help me with the door. The only positive was that we could get out fast enough. We were ready to go 20 minutes before the lobby was open for breakfast and the attendant allowed us in to get coffee and a small muffin "for the road"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Kind of appropriate that the city of Stockton became the largest city in the US to go bankrupt 2 days before we arrived. And what I mean about the hotel reminds me of my childhood is that I don't believe any upgrades have been made since then. The rooms smelled of an old, worn out hotel, which it was. The first thing I noticed was the burned hole in my top bread spread, which came nowhere near my face. And though I appreciated the towel origami, I wish they had taken the time to instead pull the hairs out of them. The service, while I didn't find it rude, was not welcoming either. I kind of agree that the other customers there gave it an unfriendly feeling- running to our car in case something happened. For the money, I think I would rather spend $20 and upgrade to another choice in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Took over 30 minutes to check-in. Door keys don't work good at all,and you have to play with door every time you use it. Few pillows and towels and over all the room was dirty. Strangers and abandon cars in parking lot. No ice machine,so they suppied ice from a freezer. We could not break the ice apart to use- totally frozen. Pool was cloudy and smelled of heavy chlorineThe only decent service was the breakfast. The place needs to be remodeled or just good maintance done. All the empolyees need to have a class on customer service.The manger needs to pay some attention to reviews and start improving poor customer service.
The saddess part of all is that we have use this place before and we had decent service.

Room Tip: Better places to stay at in the area for the same price
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Currently staying at this hotel, I will make this short and sweet. Room key did not work not one but twice. Burn marks on comforter in non smoking room. Smoke dector held together with what looks like painted over duct tape. Highway noise so loud it sounds like fireworks exploding. Strange, scary man tried to get my daughter to go to her room so he could make a call. I can't sleep.. I don't feel safe.. Not so short and not so sweet here. DO NOT STAY HERE! I am usually not so critical on reviews, but this is the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed June 2012
Palmetto, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is absolutely one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Except for the courtesy of the check in clerk this Comfort Inn misses the mark on housekeeping (Carpet in room was filthy and needed a good shampoo or replacement), bathroom needs an overhaul (Tiles in bad shape, grout loose, etc.), grounds congested and unsafe, entry door to room was missing weather seal and did not lock tightly, and the room was in a state of disrepair. The lobby was not accessible in the evening even with a room key. For an early riser this was an issue as I usually read in the lobby with the more comfortable chairs. This unit is not up to Choice Hotel standards.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The bathroom and bedding was fine, but the carpet needed to be cleaned. The room was a decent size, but the wall heater was a little loud. The most annoying thing about the room was the TV. Every time you turned it on, it was tuned to the "Access" channel. There you could purchase recently released streaming movies for the bargain price of $15.99 (no that's not a typo) per movie and watch it on an old tube style TV with a crappy picture. What were they thinking?! The complementary breakfast was ok, had decent variety and was available starting at 6 am for early risers. About 6 months ago I stayed a few blocks away at the La Quinta Inn on the west side of the freeway. It's in the same price range, but a cleaner room, HD TV and less noisy AC/heater make it a better value and more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!