“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econostudios

Econostudios
You added Econostudios to your Saves list
Econostudios
1.5 of 5 Inn   |   4540 N. El Dorado St, Stockton, CA 95207 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Stockton B&B and Inns
Deltona, Florida
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Needed a room for a week. Visiting town for my 50th Year High School Reunion of Stagg Hi.

Huge clean room. All appliances and equipment clean, working, and useable. Staff was nice, courteous and kind.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room, that way the folks above don't keep you awake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is not a hotel for travelers and certainly not for families. It should NOT be in the Wyndham portfolio. It is a place for people to live. We were exhausted and tired and did not expect a gem, but this was ridiculous. No working phone. The curtains were stained completely black. Grossest room I have ever walked into. We left after 30-45 minutes. The hallways are filled with extra trash bags around the garbage cans filled with paper plates from all the people who live here. Running and screaming in hallways had not stopped at 11 pm when we left. Smelled drugs and there were people hanging out all over. I have all the sympathy in the world for people who have lost their home and need to live in a motel, but it is not where I want to bring my kids to sleep while traveling. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned. The couple positive reviews must be from workers/owners. It is flat out unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RobertLee_12, General Manager at Econostudios, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
We are sorry for that your experience with us was not very good. Please ask for Robert Lee , the GM if you need a room change next time.We would like to clarify that good reviews are from our happy customers. We are the only economy class hotel in Stockton which offers interior corridor, secure entry building with large suite sized rooms with kitchenettes , which makes us popular for extended stay customers.We shall work towards providing you better experience for next visits.
Ephrata, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Accommodations suitable for overnighter on long drives. My room was clean and quiet, which is really all I needed.

Service was great, too. I had called the property to book a second room and was informed that I had already taken the last available. When I called the chain's central reservation no. I was given a reservation for the same property, but when we arrived the clerk informed us that the Knights Inn reservation system is not always aware of "walk in" room sales, and was not aware that the property had sold out for that evening. Nevertheless, our desk clerk was able to track down housekeeping to prepare a room and we were all checked in shortly after that.

I thought it a little peculiar that the tv remote is issued with the room key, and must be returned to the front desk at checkout. Also, the remote was not programmed for the tv in my room, but I called the front desk and the clerk was able to easily guide me through the reprogramming process.

I also needed a bucket of ice, which would have cost me $.50 (not a big deal, considering the rate I paid), but was informed that the ice machine was not working and there was no ice available.

I don't know if this would be my first choice for travel involving extended time in Stockton, but for my purposes on this trip, I thought it was fine.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with young children, the hotel will not put you on the second floor because...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been here as an extended guest and I feel very safe here. The people that work in the office are nice and curteious. The property is quiet at night and if you have a problem the office will take care of it.

Room Tip: The third floor is the best because it is mainly older people with no kids running up and down the h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo