“scary yet a dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stanton
phoenix
“scary yet a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here past 3 nights. Key cards would not work. Had to reprogram every night. Night staff lady reprogramming aforementioned key cards not very nice. Cops raided rooms around the corner our last night there hauling off the a few of the locals. Room was clean but smelled like the sewer. Cigarette butts throughout the parking lot. Hotel located right on katella so it was pretty noisy all night. Other than that had a nice stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Stanton, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. The service and room odor you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We kindly suggest that you contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to help us better address these issues: 1-800-557-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxnard, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Place is alright if you have a dog with not so many place in the area that accept dog during our stay. Room is clean with smell of cigarette although we choose the non smoking room. I believed there is no more non smoking room in Motel 6 anywhere, they all smell cigarette. Place is not like those new renovated Motel 6.

If I don't have a dog I won't stay on this place. That is the fact.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rosamond, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed over the 4th of July this year to enjoy Disneyland. We were looking for something on a budget and trusted the Motel 6 name. This place was horrible. Yes, it was inexpensive compared to other hotels closer to Disneyland, but from the minute I parked, I knew I'd made the wrong decision. There were what appeared to be homeless people milling around the property. I could smell pot as I walked to our room and I was afraid for my kids staying the night there. I figured I'd tough it out since we had no other choice and we'd only be there a few hours to sleep between trips to Disney parks. It was supposed to have been newly renovated. I saw no evidence of that. The carpet was filthy. The room was stuffy, all the moisture from everything was held in the room. There was no fan in the bathroom so everything stayed in the room. It was so moist in the room that our towels from swimming wouldn't even dry over night. When I pulled back the covers of the bed, the sheet had what had to be mold or mildew on them. It was so late I hopped into bed with the kids because I didn't want to mess with it. No one came to make up the room the next day. We came back from the park at about 4PM to change clothes and none of the towels had been removed, the beds weren't made, nothing. I took my spare blanket out of the car and slept on that. It was so horribly humid and uncomfortable in the room, the A/C did nothing to make it better. It was just cool and wet instead of warm and wet. I no longer trust the Motel 6 name and realize I have to read the reviews before I chose a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay at Motel 6 a lot when we just need a place to sleep and get back on the road. I've never run into any problems until this one. The rooms are teeny tiny... one bed against the wall, the other bed bumps up against the a/c unit. The beds are typical discount beds so you know what to expect, nothing fancy. When we pulled down the comforter to get in bed, there was a candy wrapper and little hairs all in the sheets. Gross! It was like the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest, only made up to look like it. We called the front desk and housekeeping came up promptly to change the sheets even though it was close to 10pm. That part was good at least.

The only other complaint is that the shower was a weird, rounded capsule type contraption that I barely fit in and I'm an average sized woman. I can't imagine tall or large guests being comfortable in there. We were only there for one night so everything else was ok. The staff was very friendly and welcoming when I checked in though, I was impressed by that. Overall the experience was just OK. I've stayed in many other Motel 6 locations where I couldn't believe the value I got for the money, this one was just so-so.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights it was a clean place to stay. The beds were super hard almost felt like sleeping on the floor. The room is small but clean. The staff is nice. Not too far from Disney if your driving not within walking distance though. Jack in the box is next door.

• Stayed February 2011
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

I was concerned about this place beacsue of some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was nice, clean and very updated/looked new. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

3-story building with elevator, which might be distant from your room. Parking might be distant from the elevator or from your room, if you are lucky enough to get a ground floor room. $40 weekdays and $45 weekends plus $6 for each additional adult. Usually I can get a 2.5* or 3* hotel in Buena Park or Garden Grove for about the same price on Priceline, this property is my emergency backup. Internet access card $3, but unless you get a ground floor room it won't work. Pool. Jack-in-the-Box next door, 24H. Most other Motels 6 in the OC are incrementally nicer but are $5-10 more expensive. At this writing gas is $4.50, so you might want to pay a few dollars more if your destination is a few miles distant.

Room Tip: Ground floor room avoids hike to elevator
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Stanton? Share your experiences!