“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stanton
Rosamond, California
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed over the 4th of July this year to enjoy Disneyland. We were looking for something on a budget and trusted the Motel 6 name. This place was horrible. Yes, it was inexpensive compared to other hotels closer to Disneyland, but from the minute I parked, I knew I'd made the wrong decision. There were what appeared to be homeless people milling around the property. I could smell pot as I walked to our room and I was afraid for my kids staying the night there. I figured I'd tough it out since we had no other choice and we'd only be there a few hours to sleep between trips to Disney parks. It was supposed to have been newly renovated. I saw no evidence of that. The carpet was filthy. The room was stuffy, all the moisture from everything was held in the room. There was no fan in the bathroom so everything stayed in the room. It was so moist in the room that our towels from swimming wouldn't even dry over night. When I pulled back the covers of the bed, the sheet had what had to be mold or mildew on them. It was so late I hopped into bed with the kids because I didn't want to mess with it. No one came to make up the room the next day. We came back from the park at about 4PM to change clothes and none of the towels had been removed, the beds weren't made, nothing. I took my spare blanket out of the car and slept on that. It was so horribly humid and uncomfortable in the room, the A/C did nothing to make it better. It was just cool and wet instead of warm and wet. I no longer trust the Motel 6 name and realize I have to read the reviews before I chose a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay at Motel 6 a lot when we just need a place to sleep and get back on the road. I've never run into any problems until this one. The rooms are teeny tiny... one bed against the wall, the other bed bumps up against the a/c unit. The beds are typical discount beds so you know what to expect, nothing fancy. When we pulled down the comforter to get in bed, there was a candy wrapper and little hairs all in the sheets. Gross! It was like the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest, only made up to look like it. We called the front desk and housekeeping came up promptly to change the sheets even though it was close to 10pm. That part was good at least.

The only other complaint is that the shower was a weird, rounded capsule type contraption that I barely fit in and I'm an average sized woman. I can't imagine tall or large guests being comfortable in there. We were only there for one night so everything else was ok. The staff was very friendly and welcoming when I checked in though, I was impressed by that. Overall the experience was just OK. I've stayed in many other Motel 6 locations where I couldn't believe the value I got for the money, this one was just so-so.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Stanton hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed 6 nights it was a clean place to stay. The beds were super hard almost felt like sleeping on the floor. The room is small but clean. The staff is nice. Not too far from Disney if your driving not within walking distance though. Jack in the box is next door.

• Stayed February 2011
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was concerned about this place beacsue of some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was nice, clean and very updated/looked new. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

3-story building with elevator, which might be distant from your room. Parking might be distant from the elevator or from your room, if you are lucky enough to get a ground floor room. $40 weekdays and $45 weekends plus $6 for each additional adult. Usually I can get a 2.5* or 3* hotel in Buena Park or Garden Grove for about the same price on Priceline, this property is my emergency backup. Internet access card $3, but unless you get a ground floor room it won't work. Pool. Jack-in-the-Box next door, 24H. Most other Motels 6 in the OC are incrementally nicer but are $5-10 more expensive. At this writing gas is $4.50, so you might want to pay a few dollars more if your destination is a few miles distant.

Room Tip: Ground floor room avoids hike to elevator