“Great for a bit of character” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gena's Sierra Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Squaw Valley
Gena's Sierra Inn
You added Gena's Sierra Inn to your Saves list
37692 E Kings Canyon Rd, Squaw Valley, CA 93621   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Squaw Valley
Oslo, Norway
“Great for a bit of character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

After a bunch of chain motels, this one was a welcome change. We were able to check out the room before deciding to pay, service was great, there's wifi in the restaurant next door, the area is quiet, and the rooms were clean. It's all a bit dated, but that was part of the charm for us. The shower could do with an update, but otherwise, no complaints!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is by far THE worst motel I've ever stayed in. Where do i begin? Filthy room, dried bugs all over the bed, worn out sheets, pillows and mattress. Hole in the shower floor, TV didn't work, very small room, extremely small bathroom. Very thin walls, drunks sat on the bench outside the room, karaoke until 2am. Couldn't get out quick enough in the morning. Forgot a bag in the room and was unable to wake the manager/owner (hangover) i banned on the door for 10 minutes, dove up the road for cell semis and called numerous times. I went back to the room to try to break in to get my belongings, when i went to the back of the building, a large live trap was directly under our shower. I scaled the hot water tank and crawled in the back window. Just as i came out of the room, the half dressed, trash looking woman was carrying the key. Thanks but no thanks. Then after i received my credit card statement, the restaurant charged me for the dinner and then typed there for the same amount of the dinner $72 even though i left a $20 cash tip. I called Gena for a credit, she did not provide it, so on the last day to dispute it with my credit card company, I did so and got my money back. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I wish i could give zero star rating, but this site, the lowest star is one. Sabre your money and drive on down the road.

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This place was much better than expected. Front desk was friendly at check in. Rooms were clean, they even had the ac on when we got there so the room was already cool. Breakfast was just the basic waffle, Danish, cereal, ect. One day they did have cantaloupe and watermelon this was very nice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

First ..its Ginas Sierra Inn..Out of 6 hotels and one night stuck in a car..This was the best..sweet ..comfortable..warm..The owner and side kick gal still make me smile when I think of our trip..Just hanging flowers could use a drip and the back has endless ways it could be used..Yet maybe it should just stay as is..It would be fun to come back as much as I could..These gals are the real thing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The room is tiny, but for the price and location it is a steal. $40 a night in the off season and $60 a night in the summer. About 10-15 minutes from kings canyon it's a good place to stay if you're not staying in the park. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews for this place and thought it would be a nice stop over to Kings Canyon. The staff was very friendly and accommodating but that's all I can say. The only thing remodeled about our room was the door lock. The room was small and dirty, holes in the wall, stains on the carpet and a shelf coming off the wall. I never saw such a small bathroom. We didn't even take our luggage in but left it in the car, left our shoes on till we went to bed and hoped no one would come through the door as we slept, no chain or deadbolt. We woke up and left immediately to go to breakfast at lodge at Kings Canyon. I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

They remodeled the rooms in 2009! And have added The Cafe for breakfst and lunch 6:30am-3:30pm! The owner of the cafe makes incredible coffee, and really tastey food. At night it is Gena's place, with great food a bar....this place has a small town feel, very welcoming and accomidating

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Gena's Sierra Inn? Share your experiences!