“Mistake” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gena's Sierra Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Squaw Valley
Gena's Sierra Inn
You added Gena's Sierra Inn to your Saves list
37692 E Kings Canyon Rd, Squaw Valley, CA 93621   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Squaw Valley
maryland
“Mistake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews for this place and thought it would be a nice stop over to Kings Canyon. The staff was very friendly and accommodating but that's all I can say. The only thing remodeled about our room was the door lock. The room was small and dirty, holes in the wall, stains on the carpet and a shelf coming off the wall. I never saw such a small bathroom. We didn't even take our luggage in but left it in the car, left our shoes on till we went to bed and hoped no one would come through the door as we slept, no chain or deadbolt. We woke up and left immediately to go to breakfast at lodge at Kings Canyon. I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clovis, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

They remodeled the rooms in 2009! And have added The Cafe for breakfst and lunch 6:30am-3:30pm! The owner of the cafe makes incredible coffee, and really tastey food. At night it is Gena's place, with great food a bar....this place has a small town feel, very welcoming and accomidating

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Sierra Inn was suprisingly inviting. The rooms are just big enough, very clean, and dog friendly. Gena, the owner, was more than accomadating and went out of her way to make my stay comfortable she even took care of my dog while we went for pizza. And, did I mention the home cooked meals served in the restaurant, let me just say thanks Gena for watching the dog but we won't go out for pizza again. Sierra Inn is 10 min. from the park entrance I don't need to even consider staying somewhere else so, Gena you rock and we'll sa ya soon!

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

After driving through Fresno and realising it was a dive regardless of what side of town your on we headed like many to the national parks ... Deciding that we were tired, hungry and it was getting late we risked a motel ... It looked like something from a horror film... Thankfully the owners were accommodating and very friendly.

The only thing I regret is taking advice that kings canyon was any match for Yosemite - it wasn't.

• Stayed October 2012
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Highly recommend. Basic on the road side accomodation we stayed before going to Kings Canyon.Old fashioned but with character.Sat outside with beers in heat watching paragliders Gena food very good she works extremely hard. All you need, food and outback bar.Karioke the night we were there hidden talent there. Highly recommend for experience Well done Gena and family a very welcoming place

Room Tip: All on road side but very little traffic to Canyon after dark
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the Sierra Inn cabins down by the Go West Deli. At first I thought Go West was a bar, but Gina quickly corrected me. Boy - Do I miss the Go West breakfast sandwiches. Anyway, my better half is wheelchair bound and Gina insisted on giving me the key to cabin two and getting my betterhalf inside and around within the cabin to make sure that the two of us would be comfortable staying there. Overall, in retrospect Gina could not have been nicer.

Yes, the cabins are old and in need of some external ( outside ) repairs, but inside the room was immaculate, the beds were made up daily, and once again the inside was pristine. We loved the himmingbird pictures on the walls. The airconditioning worked perfectly, and overall for $ 85 per night you could not beat the value....

Room Tip: Room 2 is where we stayed and I would recommend
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have read some bad reviews for Gena's Place. We stayed in room 3 for 3 nights and it was fine.
The air con worked well and was not too noisy and the shower also worked fine. The bed was comfy and clean and looking at my photos now the room looked warm and cosy.

The food was yummy and Mum and Daughter served us and were very friendly.

It feels more like a cabin then motel and so a bit of dust and odd spider or moving leaf insect in the room seems to fit and who doesn't have at least one spider in their home!

Its only about 15 min drive to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forest.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. If you don't like spiders go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gena's Sierra Inn? Share your experiences!