It SOUNDED like a great idea: A few friends decide to stay in Springville instead of Porterville - 20 minutes closer to where we want to be in the morning. The Springville Inn looks like a decent place online. Price SEEMS reasonable for a nice place.
"Two-room Suite with a king bed and a pull-out sofa in the living room. The Suite has two full bathrooms, two televisions, and refrigerator. This suite has a bay window in the living room facing our beautiful mountains. All of our rooms feature ceiling fans and air conditioning, private bath, telephone, satellite television and coffee maker."
NOTE: They are serious about their 7 Day Cancellation Policy.
NOTE: If you don't have AT&T you have no cell service in Springville. ANYWHERE. We didn't find out about this until we asked at the local store.
We pull into the parking lot and try to get checked in. It takes awhile. There appear to be 2 people working. One is bartending and the other is doing the rest and the front desk. Wait my turn, get checked in and head upstairs.
1) Cleaning gnomes need to be more concerned with the little things. Like the wedding favors left over from the (hopefully) previous occupant (maybe). More party favors were found in the pull out sofa bedding. Change the bedding EVERY TIME.
2) The facility's WiFi is as bad as I have seen in any facility. Signal strength stayed poor to "signal failed" the entire time.
3) The towels were smaller than I'd expect in a decent place and were as smooth as sandcloth.
4) The "Bay Window" looks north into the parking lot and hills beyond. Beautiful mountain views are the the south and east.
5) Pull-out Sofa sounds so innocuous.
6) The are signs up noting that too much electrical use will cause the power to go out in the room. Great.
7) Archaic AC units were so loud as to be unusable.
1) Water tastes good.
2) King bed was comfortable.
3) "Country Breakfast" isn't available until 7:30. Need to leave before then?
4) The staff was courteous, just overworked.
This place wasn't horrible, just overpriced for the amenties and facility.
Fireman told me that the place has been for sale for years. Fireman tells me the ask is 3.5 and an offer of 1.5 was rejected. The new owners will need that 2 mil to get this thing refurbished and upgraded!!
- Also Known As:
- Springville Hotel Springville
- Springville Inn b&b