“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North

You added Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080-4812   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After a long flight from Europe and needing a restful evening before continuing our trip, this Comfort Inn fell short of its write-up and rating. Their claim of having restaurants nearby was exaggerated as, after walking for twenty minutes, we found ourselves lost and under some dimly lighted bridge. And after a tiring walk back to the hotel the only option left for dinner was a pizza delivery service. Old paint was spilled in and around the elevator entrance and while the rooms looked clean, no one would dare go bare footed on the carpet because of the way it felt. If you stay here make sure you have your own car.

Room Tip: Personally, next time I’m in the area I plan on staying at the La Quinta hotel. Their closer to the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I deeply regret that you did not have a positive experience with us at Comfort Inn & Suites SFO North. Unfortunately, all the restaurants around us are about 10 minutes walking on the other side of the freeway and we provide written directions. We always welcome any suggestions and feedback our guests provide since we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Thank you for posting this review and look forward to hearing from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great location for easy access to many attractions and points of interest in the Bay Area. Only a few miles from City College of San Francisco where we watched the Butte College Roadrunners defeat the Rams of City College in a very exciting football game.
The Comfort Inn is conveniently located near the 101 South Freeway, yet we were not at all disturb by noise. Our room was clean and well-furnished, the free wi-fi was fast and efficient, definetly a plus. They do charge for parking, but only $6.00, which is a bargain for near-airport parking.
Must give MANY compliments to the staff who were very friendly, helpful and courteous. There were many athletic events going on nearby and many fans staying at the hotel and the staff was graciously giving directions to all. Very impressive staff!
Choice Hotels offers one of the best breakfasts and this property was no exception. Hot eggs and sausages as well as those delicious waffles. Very good coffee, too. The breakfast room was spacious enough that it didn't feel crowded, even when full. The courtyard patio was very well-kept and a nice choice for outdoor breakfast dining.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard and pool appear quieter, nice views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Wow! Thank you for all of your great compliments. I am sure the staff will love to hear all the great things you had to say, I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back when your are next in town.
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Large rooms w/2 king beds, great location, clean and the morning breakfast fresh and way better than expected. Nice court yard area with tables to sit and enjoy the evening or to enjoy your breakfast! Not to mention the price was excellent for the value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your nice comments and we are always happy to hear a positive feedback and looking forward to hosting you in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let's be honest - I booked this hotel to use a reward night, and because of the low daily rate the rest of my stay. It seemed perfectly located: close to the airport and a few minutes walk to the Caltrain station. The rooms have been recently updated and are comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was sizeable and well attended to. That's where the good stuff ends.

The staff were friendly, but not very helpful. The first night I went to the desk to ask for an additional towel. I was told "Someone will be right up." ?? Usually the desk clerk goes to a back room and returns with one. An hour later, nobody had been right up; I returned to the front desk, at which point a different clerk went to a back room and brought me a towel.

The staff didn't seem to communicate with each other from shift to shift. Case in point: midway through the stay, we stopped to get change for the guest laundry, and were told it was broken. The next morning when we asked if the washing machine was scheduled to be fixed, the morning desk clerk seemed unaware a problem had been reported. (Incidentally, 2 nights later the machine was still broken). The WiFi was down for a full day, more of an inconvenience for us than a critical fail. But no one on site seemed to have a clue how to fix it or have it fixed. There was definitely an "Oh well" attitude in the air.

When I return to San Francisco, I'll likely look for a different hotel, if not a different chain entirely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am deeply concerned to hear that the service our staff provided did not meet with your expectations. We are constantly looking to improve our procedures. I will be sharing your concerns with the rest of the staff to make improvements to our service. We found out the issue with the internet and we have implemented the solution, so it is working much better.
I hope this unfavorable experience will not deter you from giving Comfort Inn & Suites South
San Francisco a second chance at imparting a great impression and winning your confidence.
Dixon,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in town for the dental convention in the month of October 2012. The hotel room was clean, the pillows and bed were very comfortable. There was not a vacant room in sight as there were a lot of things going on in San Francisco that weekend. With that being said, the hotel staff were very courteous and the hotel was pretty quiet. The complimentary breakfast was great and the on-site parking was safe, well lit and reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. I liked the location of the hotel as it was right next to the freeway and a couple fast food restaurants. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am glad to hear that our location and our amenities have suited your needs and made your stay in San Francisco enjoyable!
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Where to begin... I flew into San Fransisco International Airport for work. I picked up my rental car and drove straight to the hotel. The staff was friendly, but slow. It took almost 20 minutes to get checked in, then they made me pay additional money so that I may park in their parking lot. I then drove my rental car around to the other side of the hotel to go to my room, when I saw a homeless man carrying a bag up the hill to a bridge directly behind the hotel. I then walked to my room, which had a terrible musty odor. I had to turn on the ceiling mounted exhaust fan in the restroom to help clear out the smell. I left the hotel for a while and returned later that evening, planning to use their wi-fi internet to do some work and get caught up on e-mails. Needless to say, the wi-fi signal was very weak and I kept losing connection. Fortunately, I travel with a hot-spot!

Pro's: Close to the airport; clean room (excluding smell); good hot breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage links, cerael, toast, muffins, coffee, juices, milk, fruit, etc.; public jacuzzi.

Con's: Terrible road infrastructure around hotel - hard to get onto the interstate from hotel location; no swimming pool; stinky room; poor wi-fi connection; public jacuzzi is outdoors; no local attractions within walking distance; etc...

If and when I return to the San Fransisco, CA area, I do not plan to stay at this hotel, as there are many other options in nearby areas that appear much newer and nicer.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are the only ones with a decent view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
At Comfort Inn & Suites, we have worked hard to ensure that all of our breakfast items are fresh and satisfy guests' needs. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our different amenities. I do apologize for the week signal of our internet; we are working on fixing this issue as it is a concern for us. We would like for you to give us another chance to show our exciting new look after we are done with our renovation, including an upgraded internet.
Strongsville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for only one night of a planned two-night stay, because their internet service was very poor to non-existent. I had called the technical support line twice, at 1:30 AM and 7:30 AM, and they were unable to restore my service.
The room was comfortable, with a queen bed and a sofa, flat-screen TV, microwave and fridge. I do not like the new, small-sized pillows that Quality Inns have started to use...I find them uncomfortable. Other than that, the bed was OK. The entire feel of the building was a little tired, but potentially could be very nice with a little renovation in paint, small repairs, etc.
The breakfast variety was quite good, with eggs and sausage in addition to the usual waffles, fruit, cereals, etc.
There was also a nightly parking charge of $6.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
The majority of our guests enjoy the complimentary High Speed Internet service we provide to be an incredible convenience during their stay with us. I am deeply apologetic for the week or the non-existent signal you endured during your stay with us. We have lost signal in the whole hotel overnight; unfortunately, tech support was not able to get it back on before you checked-out. But we are working on fixing the issue so it will not happen again.
I hope that the lack of this service did not greatly impair your enjoyment of your stay. And we would greatly appreciate a second chance to impress you with the many wonderful amenities and excellent service we provide, including an upgraded High Speed Internet.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!