“Nice clean hotel, great breakfast, short jaunt to the city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay and Go Package
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Nice clean hotel, great breakfast, short jaunt to the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We chose to stay here with our 3 kids when visiting San Francisco. It was worth the 15 min drive in to the city, compared to the excessive hotel and hotel parking fees in the city. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, the kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was great, a big selection. The waiters were very attentive, helpful and kind. Breakfast included cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast, fresh fruit etc, a wide selection.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alice Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My Wife and I prefer to stay at this Hotel when in San Francisco. Easy access to Freeway and Airport. Rooms are very good and Business Centre is convenient. Meals are available and there is a small Bar. All our stays have been good I only wish they would do something about the slamming doors as some people are very inconsiderate of others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a conference at the nearby South SF Conference Center. The hotel itself is close to the SFO airport and is actually located in more of a business park setting. However, restaurants and shops are a very short drive from the hotel and easy to find. To be clear, while the airport is not far from the hotel I did not hear any noise from the airport during my stay.

I found the hotel staff to be great! They also have a restaurant on-site which looked very nice. I did not eat at it though so I can't really comment on it myself. There is a nice lobby, swimming pool and the parking lot was well lite and appeared secure. This is not a bad area by any means at all.

The room was comfortable and furniture was ample and in good condition. It is the same layout/furniture that most all Garden Inn's have. I have bad allergies to mold and dust and had no issues at all in the room. There was no visible dust or mold in the room and it appeared that housekeeping was very detail oriented. Plush towels, nice sundries and a very comfortable bed.

If I had any comments at all beyond great they would be that the hotel restaurant only provides room service for dinner (not breakfast) and the cable TV seemed a tad limited in channels compared to some other properties.

That said I would highly recommend this hotel to those needing to stay near the airport, for a conference or any person visiting the area. I might even recommend it to those going to SF for the day so long as you are prepared to trade a bit more of a drive for a nice room. Great Hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

So instead of paying for outrageous parking fees (ave $40/night) at a hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square, I decided to book a room in this hotel even though it is not in the heart of the city. And I am glad I did. First of all, this hotel is definitely geared more for business, and we didn't see many people with young children here, but I knew that coming here. Also, my kids could care less.... they just loved the fact that there was an indoor heated swimming pool. We had to pay for breakfast (which was decent), but the kids ate for free which was a plus. Also the lobby and rooms were very clean and the front desk was pleasant enough. You get complimentary internet and free parking here all which are near impossible to find if you decide to stay in a hotel in the touristy spots in S.F. And because it was in the outskirts of the city, you don't have that congested , cramped feeling that you find in S.F. where there is no parking and all the buildings are attached to each other. The area that the HGI was in is very clean and open. It was worth driving 20 minutes to Fisherman's Wharf and other attractions.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

This was an EYE OPENING trip for me. A leisure saturday morning breakfast turned into an attack by a DRUNK customer. Waiter was NOT paying attention to any other diners, only to his friends at a corner table. He brought his friend rum & coke in a wine carafe and the 5 men at the table were getting rowdier and more aggressive.

I approached the front desk and asked the Manager if these men were off duty employees, she said no, their 'retaurant guests'. Two fo the men were given empty take away boxes and they ransacked the buffet on their way out. One man rushed up to me at the front desk as I was talking to the Manager and he started with the F this and F that and saying the RUDEST things to me. The Manager? Just stood there. NOT A WORD?

THEN Sat. & Sun. I discovered the housekeeping 'washing' our coffee cups and glasses WITH HER HANDS. She filled them with water, swished around with her fingers, that were JUST in ours and OTHER people's toilets, and wiped them dry. I gave her the cups and glasses. I went downstairs and picked up paper coffee cups and we used those for our wine, coffee, juice, water, etc...

The bathroom floor was NEVER mopped in the 10 days we stayed there. The shower walls were NOT cleaned ... the tub was swished. Not how I clean at home and I expect a little better in a place where the public rotates through so quickly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
JWShannon, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Dear MarielW,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay. I hope your travel back home was uneventful.

As you and I spoke about your negative experience here at the hotel, I want you to know that I took immediate action to follow up on all issues during your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience our housekeeping services may have caused you. As a follow up, we have met with the housekeeping staff to go over your comments and to reiterate our cleanliness standards. Additionally, as you shared your concerns about the restaurant with me, you can rest assured that if this kind of behavior happens again, it will be handled immediately as we discussed in our meeting.

Again, we are sorry for the poor experience you had here at the South San Francisco Hilton Garden Inn. I know you and your family frequent this area often and I hope you will stay with us again so we can give you the high level of service you have come to expect from a Hilton family property.

Warm Regards,
Jeff Shannon
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

We spent literally 6 hours in this hotel between a late arrival from LAX and an early departure to ORD/DUB. Unfortunately we did not get out of the airport until well after midnight so the shuttle had finished for the night. We got a cab - beware though, our taxi driver had never heard of the hotel and started to head off towards the city so be sure you say the Hilton Garden AT THE AIRPORT. He ended up having to go into another hotel to ask directions!!!!!
The room was very nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was lovely. We got some water from a vending machine in the hall, there was no options for food at that late hour. We got the 7am shuttle and were back in the airport in super-quick time. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quick overnight between flights.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

As you know, Valentines Day is one of the days that hotels are usually booked up. Well, my husband and I went from hotel to hotel and this other hotel hostess called around for us and got the Hilton, which had only 2 suites left. So I called and talked to Mr. Terrance Heplars(sorry if I spelled his name wrong) who assured me that he would have one ready for me at my arrival and sure enought it took all of 10 minutes to get us into one of the suites which was well worth the traveling. The suite consisted of a living room which was perfect. Breakfast was complimentary and the hotel overall was just wonderful. Thank you Mr. Terrance for providing such a lucky and wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!