We had a good stay here and definitely wouldn't hestiate to stay here again. The hotel was clean, staff was very nice and helpful -- five stars. The location was about 15 minutes from downtown San Francisco, but given the parking situation downtown, I was happy to come back each day to a big open lot at this hotel.
I only have one suggestion -- morning coffee is VERY important to me, and the Garden Inn's coffee area is poorly designed. It needs a retrofit, or a new location! When I fix my coffee, I want the items lined up in order: cup, coffee, creamer, sugars, stirrers, TRASH CAN, cardboard thingy, napkin. Unfortunately the counter space alloted for coffee is crescent shaped and tiny, so the items are squished on there all out of order: napkins, stirrers, lids, cardboard thingys, cups, coffee, cream, sugar, trash can. Every day I started in the middle with my cup and coffee, then went right for cream and splenda, then went left for stirrers and lids and napkins, then dropped half my trash on the way back to the trash can on the right. At the same time, other guests are doing the same back and forth, as we trip over each other. Plus there's hardly any space to put your cup down while you fix it. By my last day it was a running joke with my husband. I wish the hotel could allot a different location for this very important guest service! Otherwise, this place is terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North is conveniently located off highway 101, just two miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and provides easy access north to San Francisco and south to Silicon Valley. Travelers appreciate the complimentary shuttle service to SFO airport, and the nearby BART and CalTrain stations that connect you to the area's top destinations including AT&T Park, the Cow Palace, and Candlestick Park. This hotel provides the service and amenities to make it one of the top San Francisco Airport hotels by offering renovated guest rooms with free WiFi, Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System(R) bedding, flat-screen HD TVs, and in-room microwaves and mini-fridges. Guests also appreciate the onsite restaurant, the Great American Grille, which serves up a delicious combination of American favorites for breakfast and dinner. The brand new meeting rooms also offer the perfect place to conduct your next San Francisco business meeting, and provide flexible meeting space with complimentary WiFi, state-of-the-art A/V equipment, and a maximum capacity of 100 people. Choose the newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, and enjoy the terrific location with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel South San Francisco
- Hilton South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hilton