“Good value for its price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong, China
“Good value for its price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I needed a room to crash for 12 hours before my next flight out of SFO so I booked this hotel through hotwire. The price was extremely reasonable for this hotel. The room is big and clean and the bathroom is very clean. The airport shuttle, which was very important to my stay, runs between 4am till 12:40am (I managed to catch the last one!). The staffs are generally friendly and helpful. TV channels are pretty comprehensive - HBO, ESPN, etc etc. There is a restaurant downstairs if you are hungry but definitely don't expect michelin star quality. I left my iphone charger at home but to my surprise, there is a usb power outlet in the room, which totally saved my day.

Two minor things - there are no slippers in the room so pack your own and you can only boil hot water in the coffee maker so your tea/water will smell like coffee to some extent. However, given the price I paid, I'm very happy with my stay. I think the hotel is great for transit but I don't think I'll recommend it if you are looking to stay a few days and explore SF.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Glendale, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room is nice, beds and pillows were comfortable, bathroom needs updating, a/c was a bit loud. Booked through Priceline and I got the area I expected. Stayed for 2 nights and paid only $206. Requested for two beds with a late check-in time and got what we wanted. They charge for parking which is $11/nt and they give you a parking pass that you put on top of your car's dashboard. However, there were cars parked overnight without the car passes and they weren't towed at all so I don't know how they implement the "parking for registered guests only" rule because it's an open parking lot and I didn't see holiday inn personnel going around and checking on the parked cars for their passes. How do I know that the cars were parked overnight? We were parked in between two cars that I took notice of because I didn't see any parking passes on their respective dashboards. We came in at 10pm to check in and left the following day at 9:30am and those two cars were still there, without the passes. Just made me wonder how they can charge us registered guests for parking and not charge the others who were parked there overnight as well. Wifi was close to non-existent, they should do something about the connection because they can't boast of a free wifi to their guests if it does not work at all. By the way, they will forget to tell you at check in but just to let everyone know that for the elevator to work, you need to put in your keycard at a slot inside the elevator. We stood inside the elevator pressing our floor number for a good 5 minutes until another nice couple came in and told us that we needed to put in our keycard so we can press the floor we need to be in. The couple actually said that they also had the same problem the night before when they checked in and were not informed about the elevator needing a keycard and just like us they stood there and tried to figure out how to make the elevator work. I like that keycards are needed for the elevator to move BUT I believe the front desk people should also let registered guests know.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear IDM1217,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our room accommodations. However, it is regrettable that your experience with our elevator and parking services kept you from having fully enjoyed your stay. I have taken your comments into serious account and rest assured that we will use them to improve on these areas mentioned on your review.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms approx 2-3 weeks ahead; I requested space near UCSF for a medical appointment in San Francisco. I got Price Line and didn't know what hotel I was getting until after it was charged to my acct The next day I realized I only needed one room. Could not cancel. Room was beautiful and spacious, but I couldn't get internet except for a few minutes.

Room Tip: I asked for 2 rooms near UCSF for one night. I got Price LIne, which requires answers to lots of que...
Green Features: Very nice; very environmentally friendly. I was glad to see they were environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Generally good hotel conveniently accessible from the airport.
Complimentary Shuttle also very useful to go back to airport or the downtown area via the BART.
Friendly staff and tasty restaurant (I really enjoyed their breakfast options).
I sleep very easily, so no problem for me with the noise of the aircraft's. The hotel is located just under the plane paths if they are taking off in the direction of the city. It might be a bad thing for some visitors.

Being non American, I did not think to the Bay to Breakers race when planning my trip, so this hotel was a good alternative to the incredible prices of SF hotels (even if still more expensive as usual).

Room was big for me, free internet was working, but it was quite slow.

Room Tip: I don't have particular comment.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We hold ourselves to high standards of service and were very disappointed in not offering a comfortable stay to you. Your comments helped us in pinpointing the areas of improvement. We hope that you would give us another chance to serve you and show you the hospitality we are capable of.
Brookline, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, from simple Motel-6-type places to 5-star hotels with amazing concierge service, but this is the first time I've felt the need to review one. I stayed at the SFO Holiday Inn at the beginning and end of a recent trip, for a total of 3 nights. I would never stay there again.

I got the rooms through Hotwire and was happy to get a supposed 3-star hotel for a 2-star price. However, they charge $11 a day for parking and don't provide breakfast, making it less of a bargain than I realized. But that wasn't the main problem; it's with the quality of the facilities and services that the hotel does provide. Here are some of my experiences:

* The wireless internet either didn't work at all or worked so slowly as to be unusable. (I don't mean I couldn't watch videos; I mean I could not even get e-mail or check in for my flight because the connection kept timing out.) No problem, I thought, I'll just go to the business center. I followed the signs to the business center and found... nothing. There was a room full of storage boxes that looked like it might have been the business center once, but it said "Do Not Enter." When I asked at the desk where the business center was, the clerk said "right over there" and pointed to a single computer, without a printer, sitting on a desk in the middle of the lobby. When I tried to use it, it was password protected with no instructions on how to log in. I didn't want to wait in line to talk to the clerk again, so I gave up.

* There was hair (not mine!) in both the sink and bathtub of one of the rooms. Enough said.

* Half of the drawers to the dresser and night table were open when I checked in to one of the rooms, implying that they hadn't finished cleaning it (see above).

* One of the rooms had such loud A/C that I couldn't sleep and had to turn it off. Then of course it was too hot to sleep.

* One of the mornings, I got a wake-up call at 5:40 a.m. I had not requested any wake-up call; in fact I had planned to sleep late. I feel bad for the person who didn't get his or her call and missed a flight.

* They were supposed to provide a free newspaper outside my door, but one only appeared one of the three mornings, even though I saw it at other room doors. The last morning, a Monday, I asked for one at the desk, and the clerk said, "you can have that San Francisco Chronicle," pointing to a single newspaper off to the side. It was only after I was at the airport that I wondered why the paper was so thick and realized it was Sunday's; they had given me a leftover paper from the day before.

It's not that any one thing was so terrible, but overall it was a really unpleasant experience. I would have been better off at a well-run 2-star hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Pieterlen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We can highly recommend this place as it's very close to the airport. To drive to the city it will take you about 20 minutes, depending on the traffic. There are ample parking lots available. The rooms are spacious and absolutely clean, the lobby is very impressing and very nicely furnished. It's definitely worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mizzi22,
Thank you for the perfect score! We loved reading your review and sharing it with the staff.
Safe Travels,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn. I stayed in 504 which was very fresh looking and seemed like it was recently renovated, the TV was especially nice and large screen. Wi-fi internet worked very well as well. All that, and at an excellent rate!

Room Tip: don't get rm on side of 504 if you dont want parking lot view..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport? Share your experiences!