“Much better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, TX
“Much better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for a conference next door. After reading reviews I was a tad concerned, but pleasantly surprised when I arrived. They have redone the hotel and it is much more modern and inviting.
Pros: modern and sleek, very secure requiring card access for the elevator, has a bar/restaurant attached and we liked it, not a bad drive into the city, airport shuttle

Cons: gym was very small, but adequate for two women who work out often and can improvise, not a great view, airport shuttle took awhile when we arrived at the hotel but I think we had just missed it.

Overall a nice stay, inviting and helpful staff!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a bad experience on our first night but the management was more than helpful in resolving it. Our room had some elements that were very poor and in dire need of maintenance and updating. The hotel is still being renovated and updated with many rooms only partially updated. We were moved to a room that has all the updating finished and is much more relaxing. Very pleasant staff and the manager was very real with us, told us the plans for the hotel. If you book here, just ask if your room is finished renovating and if not ask to see it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I checked into this hotel the night before I was to take a flight, due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. I arrived in the evening and immediately went to sleep. The next morning I woke up, and saw a bed bug crawling on the pillow next to me. I captured it and put it into a cup and quickly got out of bed. Upon lifting the covers, I saw others.. in broad daylight!
I was horrified. I brought the bugs downstairs to the desk and asked to speak with the manager. He told me that I brought the bugs into the hotel and the room would be "inspected" the following week.

Several days later the manager of the hotel called me and told me that they had a "legal" document from a bug company, stating that the room was "clean", despite the fact that I had shown them the evidence! Additionally, I was informed by the management of the hotel that I would be responsible for paying for the room. Whatever happened to "the customer comes first"? When I called the Corporate office, they refused to talk to me, and told me my case had gone to the "higher ups".. They could not produce a contact for me to speak with, nor have I heard from them since.

This turned out to be a very costly hotel stay. In addition to the $210 for the room, I had to dispose of all of my clothing and my carry-on bag as well.. I did not want to risk bringing the bugs from this infested Holiday Inn into my own home,

Do you want to take the chance?

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnIntlArpt, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
The Holiday Inn San Francisco International Airport has a strict protocol that is followed regarding any bed bug claim. The room in question was immediately put out of service for inspection by Terminix our licensed exterminator. Terminix after a complete and thorough inspection submits a legal and binding document of their findings. The room that the comments are referencing was inspected and found to be negative of any infestation or insects of any kind. This document was forwarded to IHG corporate for their records. This response by the hotel is necessary so that the facts are known and the hotel's reputation is kept intact. In any travel environment where people stay there lies a potential of things being brought in, however we at the Holiday are very proactive and cautious with this matter.
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here for two nights before flying back to australia and it was what we needed,they have a dedicated shuttle the works on a very reliable time schedule which we used a few times they gave us a free crib for our 18 month old baby free internet and a nice big clean room,what more could we ask for.We had dinner in the restaurant there both nights and enjoyed our meals both times.Straight across the is an ihop for breakfast or mcdonalds 2min walk up the road.There is a bus service the runs in and out of the city Bus 292,for $6 round trip then you can do what you want and travel back.We looked at getting a hotel in the city centre but all the nice hotels were over $300 a night when you could stay here and catch a $6 bus.we walked to the gas stations and mcdonalds and fell very safe at night,so overall was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We booked this hotel due to having a early flight the next day. This was a fantastic looking hotel , the lobby was amazing. They have very high back chairs and love seats that make you look very small when you sit in them. Good for pictures. The staff were helpful when printing out your boarding passes. There is a restaurant right in the hotel called Hoolans where we had an amazing dinner. It is a sports bar so there were many tvs around for you to watch while eating. The staff in there were also very nice. The wake up call came and then the shuttle got us to the airport in time. We would definely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PUERTO RICO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very close to the airport. Airport shuttle available. Clean and comfortable.
Parking available. We booked through Hotwire and got a very good rate. Good value for money.
Great customer service!
I recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Ernest at Holiday Inn saved our day (and night) after our flight had been canceled. We had been given the run around by the airlines and it was near midnight when we arrived at Holiday Inn to redeem the hard fought hotel vouchers for a brief sleep before our morning flights only to find the airlines had sent us to the wrong hotel. I was ready to just sleep on a bench at the airport but Ernest worked some magic and switched our voucher to his hotel. Great customer service!!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport? Share your experiences!