“very good first impression from the staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“very good first impression from the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Good first impression from the staff. Arrival after midnight after a long flight and was quite pleased to find the front desk well staffed and well organized. The reservation was made via the Holiday Inn / Priority Club web site. The keys and room number were completed prior to arrival so quick check in and quick check out the next day. The room is exactly as pictured on the web site so would be one of the newly renovated rooms. 24 hour IHOP and convenient store (gas station) across the street so available food and drinks and snacks. The friendly staff and the quality food at the IHOP certainly adds value to the airport hotel aspect of the Holiday Inn. No lack of pillows or blankets on the very comfortable bed. Hot water and towels to spare. Shuttle to / from airport is quick and free. Taxi $11. The hotel is not ideal for a multi day visit to San Francisco. The hotel is an ideal airport hotel or conference hotel. Parking is $7.

Internet was fast and free! Thank you.

Room Tip: no view to speak of so enjoy the comfortable bed
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Forest Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I moved to the Holiday Inn after staying at the Best Western one horrific evening! The staff was so pleasant and very outgoing! They did everything they could to make my stay pleasant! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff! Of course when traveling on business, you don't always stay at the Ritz, but I still want to feel comfortable in a safe and clean environment! The restaurant was great too!

• Stayed June 2011
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in April of this year. I purchased the hotel in advance on Hotwire. Great Deal! Everything we needed: Resturant, Shuttle and a Clean Room! The Stay was interesting. We spent the first day out in the City, came back and our room had not been cleaned. Went to the front desk, they didn't have us checked in our room which was odd because we had already stayed the first night and they told us they would have someone clean our room. We said no...just fresh towels would be great! Next we wanted to watch a movie, couldn't do it because...they didn't have us checked in. No one could tell us what the problem was. Eventually, they figured out the movie, and gave us a free breakfast. Perfect, until my credit card bill came in the next month. You guessed it....they charged my incidentals credit card for a one night's stay. So, I called the hotel. They said, "no problem, we'll credit it back immediately." It didn't happen until I called 5 times and threatened to involve Hotwire and Visa.

It's a very nice hotel...just check your credit card at the door.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BIrmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed at Holiday Inn for one night before my flight back to UK. The room was lovely, very spacious and very clean with king size bed and selection of soft or hard pillows (I slept like a baby that night!). I ordered room service twice (dinner and breakfast) and the food was very good and delivered hot and very fast.
All staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the ladies at the main reception.
Complimentary airport shuttle arrive promptly and dropped me off at the airport within 10 minutes.
My only complaint is TV remote. The first one wouldn't work at all so someone came to my room to give me a replacement. The replacement was only marignally better and it was such a hassle to switch from one channel to another that I gave up in the end and watched the same channel eventhough I wasn't particularly interested in what was on.
Overall, if I needed to stay close to San Francisco Airport again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My business trip ended in South San Francisco where I had to stay a night before my flight home. The staff was very friendly and the hotel seems to be remodeled and was very clean. I did mark the hotel down for the paid parking that I thought might be free,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed for 6 days total and overall very much enjoyed our stay.

Pros:
-One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at; the room was absolutely spotless.
-Despite being next to the airport, very quiet.
-Free internet and cable channels.
-Room service was very convenient. Houlihan's is a great restaurant connected to the hotel.
-Most of the people we spoke with both at the Holiday Inn and Houlihan's were extremely polite and friendly.
-Fridge in room.
-Very comfortable bed.
-Guest laundry; I didn't use it, but it was nice to know it was there if necessary.
-Free airport shuttle.
-Nicely decorated, especially the lobby.

Cons:
-Phone issues, on every call I had to yell into the phone for guest services to hear me.
-No microwave in room like advertised.
-Location wasn't the greatest, which was my fault for not doing better homework. The free shuttle to the airport BART station was convenient, but it was about an hour and a half one way to get to any destinations in San Francisco, which I wasn't anticipating. I would have preferred a more convenient location, but that was my fault, not the hotels'. Even basic things, like stores were not in the area. We had to go all the way downtown for groceries which was a pain in the butt.
-One guest services rep I spoke with was rather rude, but that was one out of about six or seven we spoke with over the whole stay, so not a huge deal. Everyone else was great. Maybe she was just having a bad day.
-Internet was slow sometimes, but it was free so I guess you take what you can get.

I would recommend this hotel if you're staying overnight for a flight or something, but it's probably not the best for a long term stay, due to the inconvenient location. It's a shame because other than that, it's a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed here for the third time when we were in town for a wedding. Over the past years, much improvement has been made to the hotel.

The staff here is always great. They are helpful and kind. I have never been treated rudely. They go out of their way to help us.

It is true that the hotel is still under renovation. While the furniture and bedding has been updated, they hallways are still in need of work, and the old carpeting is still in the rooms. I'm not sure if they have any intention of working on these areas. However, the rooms are clean. The linens (including the towels) are nice.

The remote control was VERY touchy. You had to fiddle with it and point it at exactly the right spot to get it to work. The internet, while free, was a bit slow.

We always manage to get this hotel through Priceline at a VERY cheap rate. It's probably not my favorite place to stay, but it's certainly adequate. We really only sleep at this hotel and for the price we pay, I can live with it. Again, the staff is what makes the difference here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport? Share your experiences!