“You get what you pay for” 1 of 5 stars

Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   920 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
San Francisco, California
“You get what you pay for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed for only 1 night. When I first called in (this was a Tuesday) and asked for prices, they told me $79.99. I thought okay?? But for a Tuesday it seemed a little too much. I ended up going here as a last resort & they tell me it's $99.99+tax!! I didn't even bother arguing because I was desperate. What I'm trying to say is that it's a family owned business and they're going to change prices when they feel like it!! Got into the room and it smelled like straight B.O. And smoke! Didn't think they cleaned it at all.

About 2 years ago I came here with a friend and got held at gun point !! 3 young Fijian men knocked on the door and asked my friend and I for all our money. I slammed the door as they tried to get in and they pulled out a gun. I called the front desk and did nothing but look at my friend and I
helplessly.

DO NOT COME HERE !!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lake Zurich, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here when I was in town for a conference in San Francisco. It was only a moderate walk to BART which was convenient. The rooms were on the smaller side but clean and recently remodeled. The staff was very accommodating to my needs. I would stay there again when back in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Whenever I'm in town I stay at the Deluxe Inn. So much so that the manager and his family remember me and treat me well each time. Last year around Christmas time, they even brought us over some Christmas cookies and coffee. This time around, was more of the same. Great rate, clean room, and the staff is always kind and attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Got a quick job out in SF. Spent some time looking online for a place to stay near SF. Found this gem. The staff has been helpful and accommodating. The rooms are clean and the parking is great. Got the room initially for one night but have decided to stay the full three weeks of my stay. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The rooms are newly remodeled and I can tell the family who has invested in the hotel cares a lot about their guests. Clean, wifi, new television, A/C, oak furniture, CA King-sized new bed. LED lighting, great ambiance. The owner is particularly what makes the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Finding help from strangers in times of need is always difficult. My niece was robbed of her money, passport, and other documents in Oakland, leaving her and her boyfriend in difficult circumstances with no cash, credit cards, or valid identification. The owner of the Deluxe Inn was gracious and understanding, seeking to help and accomodate them with exceptional thoughtfulness and lovingkindness. Although they were in dire straits, he made it easy for me to help them to stay at his hotel even though I was halfway across the country and conducting transactions over the phone. He was efficient and prompt at answering questions providing me with appropriate documentation. In doing this, he was a saint, helping with grace and understanding people he didn't know who were in an awkward and embarrassing situation. I hope others will reward his trust and his good deed by staying at his excellent hotel. It is modestly priced for such a clean and convenient location near the San Francisco International Airport. Although it is an older hotel, it has recently been remodeled with new decor. Please take some time to chat with the owner and thank him for the superb services that he provides. It is one thing to find a nice hotel, but yet another to find such an excellent person. It would be an honor to be his guest and to get to know him better.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the owner for his recommendation.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this place. Great newly remodeled rooms, satellite TV. Minutes away from public transportation. Minutes away from 2 major malls, Serramonte, and Tanforan. Most important great honest people who i feel privileged to have met. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Sorry no pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Deluxe Inn? Share your experiences!