You added Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   373 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

As an employee I was looking to find the best rate so stayed at the hotel. Now although was 30 minutes drive to downtown it was a straight highway and easy to find. The hotel was so much better than I imagined and I wish we had had more time to enjoy the hotel more. The rooms were very large with 2 double beds and the bathroom was lovely. The lobby area was a lot bigger than other expresses I have stayed in before and then in the morning we realised that the hotel had lovely views over a lake out the back. If the weather had been a bit warmer to we would have made use of the swimming pool which looked a good size

Room Tip: Get view of lake out the back of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We generally stay at Hilton or Marriott, but we just needed one night at a place with park and fly by the airport.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service and comfort.

Speedy fast wifi.

Hallway smelled like paint. Room a bit musty.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were looking for something clean and up to date and that is what we got. This hotel looks like it has been recently remodeled and the rooms were spotless. Great jobs by the cleaning staff, front desk staff and the people who cooked the breakfasts that were provided free of charge. In fact the breakfasts far exceeded our expectations with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereals, toast, bagels, fruits, yogurt and juices. I ate more than was normal for me for breakfast, but that is certainly not their fault. The shuttle to the airport ran on a regular schedule and was just a short ride to the airport or the BART station at the airport. Nice location, but there are only a couple other choices to eat nearby. One is the McDonalds, next door and the IHOP, which across the street. If you are willing to walk a block in the dark in a light industrial area, there is also a restaurant at the Holiday Inn Airport North. The food there was also pretty good. Otherwise, you will need to take a taxi to something better. We liked this hotel and will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay. We hope that you enjoyed your trip and will visit us again when you return to the San Francisco Area. You are correct, we did complete a renovation in 2011.

When you plan to return to the area and if you need any reservation assistance please do not hesitate to email me directly at RajL@expressSFO.com.

Raj L.
Operations Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have an injury which makes it difficult to sleep comfortably without pain but this Holiday Inn Express mattress made it possible - perfect firmess not too hard or soft, no pressure points, and you can rest in one position for hours, so good Im buying one for myself.
Thank you Holiday Inn Express for such an incredibly comfortable stay!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to rave about our hotel. If you are interested in more information on our mattresses, please feel free to contact me.

We hope that you will visit us again when you are in the San Francisco Area. If you may have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel or you may email me at RajL@ExpressSFO.com.

Regards,

Raj L.
Operations Manager
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I read the reviews before staying here about the bad water pressure, slow WiFi and shuttle service issues. I did not experience any of these things, so hopefully they were isolated issues.

In my experience, the shuttle service driver was friendly, helpful and picked me up at the airport exactly where I was told to wait. The front service staff was also cheerful at check-in. The public areas I saw were clean with no issues. My room was clean. The wall-mounted HVAC unit in my room was pretty loud when it came on and I thought the mattress was a little soft, but not enough issues here for me to downgrade my review.

This is a fairly typical Holiday Inn Express with SFO airport hotel prices. Don't expect a full-blown upscale hotel with a HI Express or cheap nightly price at the SFO airport and you will not be disappointed. I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feed back and we will have our staff review your concerns and make sure that they are corrected appropriately.

Regards,
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The rooms are large, nothing really remarkable here but calm and relax.
Nothing much to say unless I am still waiting for my bill which was supposed to be sent to me by email as I could not get it due to long queue at check-out.
There is a Mac Donald closeby which is practical.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear LaurentDeSingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is much like the others that line Airport Boulevard just north of SFO. There is no restaurant, but it's a Holiday Inn Express, so you shouldn't come in the door with lofty expectations anyway. There is a Houlihan's just down the street in the Holiday Inn, though, so they have that covered.

The hotel itself is not incredibly memorable, but once again, it's a Holiday Inn Express, it does its job. It's clean, the rooms are decent, and though it's right by the airport, there is very little noise from the planes. The continental breakfast was better than I thought it would be, and the staff seemed pleasant enough.

One note of caution. Make sure you carefully stow away any valuable items or anything that can easily be lost. My retainers (yes, I wear retainers, though high school was many years ago) mysteriously disappeared during my stay. Housekeeping claimed to have seen them, yet stated that they did not touch them. Rather odd, considering they were right where I left them when I departed the room, yet they were gone when I returned. I reported it to the front desk and had a couple phone calls with hotel management. In the end, it ended up being my word against Housekeeping, and the hotel (and its parent chain) sided with Housekeeping. After three times being told I would receive a follow-up call and/or email, and neither happening, I just chalked it up as a learning experience and paid over $400 for new retainers.

Bottom line: If you're in town on business, it's hard to top the convenience of staying right by the airport (especially if you rent a car). My review should not be enough to dissuade someone from making the choice to stay here. The hotel is not bad overall. If you want a room with a bed and a bagel in the morning, this place has you covered. Want anything more? Don't stay right by the airport.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any "choice" rooms here. If you're close to the elevato...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Jeremiah D,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. While we certainly regret the experience you had, I trust the action taken on your behalf will bring you a sense of resolution concerning this matter. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!