“Great Hotel near airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North

You added Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   373 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
New York
“Great Hotel near airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I had to go to San Francisco for a 1 night stay before flying to my final destination. Decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express based past experience. This hotel offered shuttle service between airport and hotel and free breakfast so I decided to stay.

The hotel was great and very convenient to the airport. The room was extremely clean and modern, bed was super comfortable. The staff was very helpful. I had forgotten my medication and the front desk was very helpful in helping me find a pharmacy that would fill my medication before flying.

The hotel also offered parking, but at an additional cost.

Overall, this hotel I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We booked this at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised that we had the best night sleep in weeks. The rooms were immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. Not only that, the front desk woman was delightful upon arrival, as was the other woman when we departed. I have nothing else to say or advise. I was pleased about the proximity to the airport and would stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I will start this review by stating that the experiences that have coloured my opinion are unlikely to be common events and mainly relate to communication with the hotel before and after our stay.
Given I wasn't interested in making international phone calls to clarify reservation details, I sent a number of emails to the hotel only to have them repeatedly ignored (later I was informed that they had inexplicably gone into the hotel's trash folder - not a great way to treat emails from guests!) Whilst this didn't look promising, I was hopeful that the various Trip Advisor comments I had read would prove correct.
The stay itself was uneventful, we had a little bit of a wait for the hotel shuttle, but an easy check in. Both of our 2 Queen bed rooms were clean (overlooking the delivery area, but we weren't there for the view!).
The standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast was in a well set out, clean space in the foyer. There are coin laundry facilities plus a gym area just near the ground floor elevators. While there is no restaurant in the hotel, there is a MacDonald's next door and a lovely sports bar (Houlihan's) at the Holiday Inn just down the road.
We used the hotel shuttle to get back to the airport to catch the train into San Francisco. The public transport was clean and reliable, so it wasn't a bad option, but it meant we couldn't take short breaks during our sightseeing - which we could have done if we'd stayed in town.
Since we were driving out from SFO to San Luis Obispo early, we opted to collect our hire car and pay for one night's parking at the hotel ($US 6.95). This led to the other issue with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. With handfuls of small change, and only a short amount of time left in the US, I opted to pay the $6.95 in change. There were no problems at the time, but I forgot to get a new receipt (my mistake). After I came home, my credit card bill arrived, with a $6.95 charge (plus exchange fees) - it turned out that my cash payment wasn't recorded, and I had no evidence to state that I had paid. After several emails, I had resigned myself to the double charge (it was the principle, not the cost) - however in January (three months after our stay) the charge was reversed by the hotel.
Would I recommed this hotel? Yes, it is a nice Holiday Inn Express hotel that has reasonable access to the airport. Just remember to get the correct paperwork, and don't expect them to respond to emails.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear InfrequentFlyer22,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

A quiet and pleasant stay at the HI Express near the San Fran intl airport.

Smooth and early check in thanks to Jon & ample size room w comfortable bed.

There was the added surprise of a microwave fridge and my fav - a coffee pot!
Sindy at the front desk dispensed change w sunny cheer despite the painfully early hour.

A hot enjoyable breakfast buffet started both days and all around peaceful visit

Room Tip: On the back side away from the freeway, excellent
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was my first trip to the west coast and I can surely say that it felt just like back home. It was nice to experience the same level and quality of customer service you would expect from a tried and true establishment, Holiday Inn. I loved the diversity of the staff and the courtesy shown in which Tess answered all my touristy questions. Anyways, if you are looking for a restful and overall great hotel stay I would definately recommend this hotel...Holiday Inn Express, and by the way, McDonalds is right next door, good food for a good value...not to mention the complimentary hot breakfast provided by the hotel!! Almost forgot to mention that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great place to stay, with a nice big room and comfortable bed. We stayed and left our vehichle for 2 weeks with park & fly. We were able to leave it in the covered garage. Free shuttle to & from the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here as part of a Park, Stay and Fly and it was very reasonably priced. There was a garage where we could leave our car for 5 days. The lobby and the room were impressively clean and updated. I was surprised how big the room was. It was very spacious. The bathroom, though updated and clean, was short on amenities, yet adequate. Unfortunately for us the breakfast was not edible. However I'm sure it was adequate fare for the average eater. We happen to eat fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!