“I really liked this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Larkspur Landing South San Francisco to your Saves list
Larkspur Landing South San Francisco
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   690 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Fresno, California
“I really liked this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed many places around the world and while this isn't the Ritz it is a very nice hotel in this category. We had a small suite with a living area, conference table, kitchen, large bathroom and master bed. It was clean and perfectly located to make it to the 49er game with plenty of time to spare. I highly recommend this hotel and it is close to the airport. I didn't have breakfast but was told it is pretty basic. But the coffee in the room was excellent. I love having a coffee pot in my room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love staying here. This is the third time Ive been here and I love it. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable (so are the pillows). The rooms are a good size . I love that there is a small kitchen. The young lady at check-in was very helpful and friendly (even at midnight). Thank goodness for the laundry room - I cant stand not doing my laundry after a cpl of days. I wish they had better cookies , but they are free so I should not complain. Free wifi.
Location is not the best but I can ignore that for the comfort I get when I get in at night.
Also, the hotel provides a shuttle to the airport. Although I did not use the service, I think thats great

Requested for late check-out (flight is at midnight) and was denied (again). Maybe one day...

Hotel provides breakfast but I cant imagine anyone waking up before 9am with a room this comfortable.

I wouldnt mind staying in the room all day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My first room had a leak coming from the ceiling and the carpet was wet. Seems to me it had been that way for a while so I'm not sure why they gave me that room. No problem, they switched me to another room. Overall, the rooms were comfortable. I will say that the internet is free but extremely awful. I kept getting disconnected from my work VPN. They did have wired internet connections but they did not work. Breakfast was mediocre for the price of this hotel. I've stayed at lesser hotel chains that provided better breakfast for free. The only saving grace is the area was close to a in-n-out burger.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed one night, and wished we stayed longer.

Huge/clean rooms with kitchen, nice complimentary breakfast and shuttle to SFO.

Staff was very pleasant and attentive - and actually asked us for feedback when we checked out - the humbleness/non-condescending attitude on display was certainly refreshing.

Also guys, I'm giving you a five-star review because of those cookies you provided at the front desk :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had never stayed at a Larkspur property and were impressed by the staff, the large, very clean rooms, the complete (though not used by us) kitchen. We felt the breakfast selection somewhat limiting and closed quite early for tourists who like to sleep in. Access and parking are a joy and the trip to the city is equal from all the neighboring properties. We shall return.

Room Tip: All room seemed quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for a few days and really appreciated the confort and space in the room.
Staff was very pleasant and informative. Extenuated after a long trip we also appreciated the possibility to eat in the room with all the facility to do so. Breakfast was fair but could improve in space area.
A little suggestion would also be that for tourist to have a shuttle to SanFrancisco 3 to 4 times daily so we could avoid driving in traffic and avoid having to pay an expensive amount for parking. I certaily would be happy to pay a certain amount for this service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed here twice. The first time was for three days and we used the kitchenette for dinners, which meant we could spend a little more elsewhere. Kitchens are fully equipped and very convenient. Second time was overnight to drop someone off at the airport. We had a bedroom suite. While sleeping on the sofa bed was not a perfect option for two of our party, it was okay for one night, The beds in the suites are very comfortable.

The breakfast has it's limitations, but they have soy milk which one of our party really appreciated. Bagels, variety of fruit and juices, good coffee, oatmeal or cold cereal - enough to get your day started. If you are there for several days you have the option of the kitchen, so it works. We found several nice restaurants in the area for dinners.

Convenient to the airport, the Cow Palace, and downtown. Recommended and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, airport side (also the sunny side in the morning) - very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Larkspur Landing South San Francisco? Share your experiences!