“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
San Francisco, California
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was a great to place to stay! I was only there two night with my trucker friends. However, this hotel delivers completely. Great room, Wonderful room service, nice staff, and clean sheets. I have to disagree with many of the negative reviews.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, we loved having you! We will make sure to pass along your positive comments to our staff. Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was only there overnight as my flight landed later in the evening. Based on the reviews I went with low expectations only hoping for a (clean) room, bed and decent shower.
Shuttle arrived after waiting for 15 minutes (and it was rather cold coming in from Cancun).
It's a rather small hotel with a small reception/concierge desk. There were 2 people in front of me upon checking in, but they were quite quick and efficient otherwise.
I think I was upgraded to a newer/renovated room which is probably why my experience exceeded expectations. It was on the 2nd floor (room 215) right in front of the highway but couldn't hear much, though there could've been better curtains/blinds to block out daylight. Room was good, spacious, comfortable and seemed recently renovated like other better Four Points I've stayed at. Wifi worked fine in the room. Only complaint and concern was level of cleanliness as I spotted some long hair (not mine as I have short hair!) in the toilet and on the toilet door!
I was hungry in the evening so walked out to iHop across the road (3 min walk) for a quick late night bite and picked up a few things from the convenience store at the gas station in front of it.
Check out was smooth (I checked out around 3pm with my SPG Gold privelege) and the shuttle to the airport was with no surprises.
All in all a standard stay, just need to focus more on cleaning/maintaining the rooms.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a newly renovated room on the 2nd floor (e.g. 215)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place is a dump period. Greeting words at reception: "hey man, how's it going?" Excuse me?! The building is a just as mediocre as the staff. Location is terrible, at least 2 lanes of constant traffic on both sides. It's an 80's motel 6 disguised as an SPG property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
appleton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed here several times but this last visit was my last. The bathroom had used soap in the tray and missing shampoo. The hotel interior and rooms are depressing. There are much better choices especially if you have a car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear auggiemctavish,
We're sorry to hear your most recent visit with us did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments to our management team and will look to make improvements. We're sincerely sorry for what happened.
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This close the SFO airport hotel has shuttle service every half hour. There is a small fitness centre but it needs attention, and is minimal. We stayed here for a night and as platinum preferred guests expected an upgrade. We didnt get one although the staff memebr welcomed us as platinum guests. with our room keys we received a voucher for a beer sample at the restaurant but there was not on tap beer to sample. We ordererd breakfast using the door hanger, or thought we had but no one picked up the hanger which we placed on the door at 10 pm. had to call and unpleasant front desk clerk who said it was not her problem that the restaurant did nto pick up the tag and they would be in at 530 am. at 600 am the hanger was still on my door so I called and was told the restaurnat opened at 630 and so the requested times listed on the breakfast in-room dining door hanger form did not apply. it was suggested i come down to the restaurant for breakfast and i had to give my order over the phone.Breakfast was ready and rushed but we made it to the airport oin time to catch our flight out.

Room Tip: Ask for a bi-level suite on the opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicholas F,
We're sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Providing quick, friendly service is very important to us and we are disappointed to hear that your recent experience did not reflect this level of service. We would love to speak with you personally about your stay. Please reach out to our General Manager Debbie at debbie.gudmundson@pillarhotels.com. Thank you and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay with us great.
Delafield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here after our wonderful trip in SF, Napa and Yosemite. It was better than I respected after reading the other trip advisor accounts. We had two issues - we had booked a king room and got a queen and they were booked so we had to live with it and they charge $9.95 a night to park which wasn't on any of our documents. Otherwise everything was good.

Room Tip: If you want to go to the airport, don't go out to 101 from the exit you came in on as you will h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Boulder Creek, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Recently stayed at this Sheraton property for two nights while on business - and was a bit leery when I got to the room, which was at the south end of the building and thus was like a balcony overlooking Hwy 101; literally, I could sit at the desk and record the license plates of cars on the freeway. Interestingly enough, though, I couldn't hear any traffic noise and slept like a baby both nights, so the sound-proofing must have been some kind of miracle. Unlike one of the other reviews, I had to pay for parking so don't know if their policies had changed. It is a pretty typical Four Points hotel, which means it is really meant for business travelers - the amenities are pretty basic, though I like the fact that the showers include dispensers rather than individual bottles. They somehow seem much more environmentally friendly. I didn't use the dining facilities, so don't know about that, but overall my room was comfortable and clean - and the price was great for the area.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the highway, but was very sound-proofed. It may be that they spent more on the ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BlueBearBoulderCreek,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit to the Four Points. We're glad you had a comfortable stay and look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town.

Been to Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!