“Convenient for the airport: no real problems, free WiFi” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Cambridge
“Convenient for the airport: no real problems, free WiFi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Standard airport hotel: fairly small, located right next to the US101 freeway. Fine for one night if you've just landed (or about to go out of) SFO. Don't stay here if you need a very quiet night, as some rooms look out onto the freeway. Breakfast was fine (á la carte); didn't try dinner.

Good points:
- Free WiFi.
- Helpful staff.
- Blinds worked (i.e. cut out the light).
- Very close to SFO.

Less good:
- $10/night parking fee (but then most airport hotels charge this).
- The shower head is mounted at a height that makes it suitable for those of about 150 cm in height. If you're any taller, expect the shower head to be at chest height (!).
- The swivel chair was similarly low (even on the highest setting), whilst the desk was normal height. This is only a problem if you're going to be doing a lot of typing.

Tips:
- Go to Burlingame for a good dinner: it's close by, and there are lots of decent restaurants on the Broadway.
- If you need a walk, there's shoreline access paths close by. The river/harbour isn't particularly scenic, and you have to get there through an industrial estate, but I found it good to stretch my legs.
- Check that the windows in your room are properly closed. Otherwise the noise from the freeway can be very loud.

Room Tip: It's quicker to take the stairs than the lift if you're on the second floor, as there's...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was billed as recently refurbished. New everything. True. Shower to die for. Very clean. Well appointed. Having said that- BEWARE!!!! Don't get a room on the 4th(top)floor. I mean refuse it!!! Why??? Had to be moved due to EXCESSIVE noise from equipment/roof angle located up above. Just awful. Thank goodness, hotel was not full and I could be relocated. The wind was creating a relentless pounding that I defy anyone sleeping through. When I asked the next day the matter of fact answer given was a bit of a shock. Seems the hotel is quite familiar with the problem. Seems like when the wind really gets going(and when is that not the case in SFO!!) it hits the roof angle and heating and cooling equipment on the roof and creates the horrific pounding noise. Sorry 4 Points...I'll pay a little more and stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor at all cost!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel appears to be recently renovated, and the room (on two levels - bed and bath upstairs) was clean and fresh feeling. They are not lavishly appointed, but functional. Shuttle provides regular service to airport - shared with several other hotels so allow sufficient time. Breakfast in the morning was good. Room is a bit noisy with traffic sounds from 101 added to the airport traffic. Used frequent guest points, but since the room was reserved, the category for the hotel went up, so more points required. The room is not inexpensive, and only the proximity to the airport would justify the cost in points or cash.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It has great service with a little bar and restaurant.
The hotel is fairly small, but the rooms are very nice and well appointed!

It is a nice hotel if staying for a day or 2 while flying into San Fran airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We're glad our hotel met your needs for your stay near SFO. We hope to welcome you back again!
Norwich, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

For what we wanted it was absolutely fine, one night stop over on route to Hawaii then 3 nights on way back so we could see some of San Francisco. Got room free using SPG points and have no complaints. We checked location so expected it to be next to freeway and for an airport hotel was not expecting a view. Rooms - nothing to complain about. Shuttle service reliable, staff all friendly and efficient. Room was really well cleaned and made up during our longer stay and we managed to get a late check out which was great for our evening flight back to the UK. Breakfast good, we could have walked to the IHOP but for £13 we got 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, some melon pieces and juice. Ate at Hoolihans at the Holiday Inn opposite which was OK or downtown in the evenings, but menu and food from what we saw looked OK too. Lift a little slow and there is only one but wasn't that inconvenient. Local bus stops right outside and timewise there is little difference in taking shuttle to airport then catching BART downtown. It is also only $2 in, $4 back plus you get to see so much more. Bus drivers really helpful and friendly too. It could do with a make-over in places but for an airport hotel with a free shuttle suited our needs and would use it again.

Room Tip: Ask not to face freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Upgraded to a 2 floor suite (liv area downstairs and bed &bath upstairs)...nice. I appreciated it...the view however from both floors of the suite overlooked the freeway and gas station. Had to drag luggage upstairs as closet, bathroom etc were there. the property is a bit dated but the upgraded decor helps. The gym was actually surprisingly well equipped. Free weights are always a treat as opposed to universal machines. There are a few food options nearby, Houlihan's, IHOP and Beijing Buffet. The hotel has a restaurant and bar however it was empty, plus the drinks are quite pricey and there was no happy hour or drink specials. They did however provide several delivery menus. I ate at Houlihan's this trip but turns out I should have gone for the buffet...or even IHOP!

• Stayed May 2013
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your guest room and our convenient location - and the fitness center too! If you choose to stay with us again, ask us about our Four Points Best Brews™ program. Thanks again for sharing your comments. Take care.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was looking for good hotel options because I only have one night in SF. Stayed here for 1 night on April 17th and would have been a perfect hotel if not for my experience with the driver. Firstly, what prompted me to choose this hotel was the free pick-up and drop at the airport. Secondly, I could use this transport to take the BART (the bus leaves and picks up passengers every 35 minutes, I was told). When I arrived at the airport, I only waited for around 5 minutes en route to the hotel. The guy from the front desk was really helpful and showed me an address where to dine-out. Hotel room is spacious and clean.

Things were headed in the wrong direction when I had this unforgettable experience (in a bad way) with the hotel driver, a thin Chinese-looking guy. I asked him in a nice way if I could ask for his mobile for emergency purposes only (remember, I only have one night so I wanted to maximize my time). He kinda shouted at me and was his response was awkward and embarrassing since there were also passengers around. I dropped the subject because maybe he didn't get it. Second experience was my during my last day, I almost missed my flight when at the airport pick-up, he only stopped for around a few seconds. I walked fast to get on to the bus but then he left. So I informed the reception why did he stop briefly and relayed the message to come back for me. I was told to wait for 15 minutes, but in fact, I had to wait another 35 minutes. Lastly, when he finally picked me up, the same guy striked up a conversation with me and he told me "you don't know American culture." I said how come he said it and he said it's because I asked for his mobile the day before. I mean, granted, partly it was my fault to have asked. However, saying that opinion as a frontline hotel staff doesn't bode well to the customers. I told him he's rude and he denied it, he said "he doesn't care, it's his personality." There was no way I could have a decent conversation with this guy as he asked me questions to prove his claim. When I informed him that I have siblings living in the US, he didnt ask again.

When I collected my luggage from the hotel, I was the only one in the bus. I waited even at the last time from the driver to apologize. I was prepared in giving him tips even for what had happened, but when he didn't say a word, why should I? I could have just let this pass, but it's way too much of a bad experience to let this go. I have travelled extensively across the Middle East, Europe and have been in the US before, so being treated this way is not acceptable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location, but regret to hear about your experience with the shuttle driver. The shuttle is operated by a third party company and services the hotel, among several others. We have set up a meeting with the Services Manager of the shuttle bus company to discuss your comments further. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling to San Francisco.

Been to Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!