“Reasonable Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront to your Saves list
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Veterans Blvd., South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Reasonable Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As Courtyards go the hotel seemed very reasonable, not better, not worse. The restaurant staff was great and the food was actually fairly good. The hotel shuttle is handy but it takes a while and there are lots of hotels on the route. I had a first floor room and was having a lot of trouble getting cell phone reception which has not happened in a long time when traveling.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark J, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Oyster Point. Delighted to hear that the restaurant staff was great and and that you enjoyed the food in our Bistro Restaurant. Hope that you will return for more memories and appreciate the time you took to let our readers read your overview.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed in Marriott hotels for years and have maintained platinum or gold membership. I have visited several Marriott properties across the United States and Europe. This property, by far, was the worst experience I have EVER had in a Marriott property. If it weren't for my late jet lagged check-in (after 9pm) and early check out (before 7am to catch another flight) I would have bothered to raise hell with management and get another room. I was simply too exhausted to complain and have since been on the road with work for too many days to lodge a complain with Marriott corporate. My photos I uploaded speak for themselves. There were onion and lettuce particles all over the kitchen and several disgusting curly brown hairs in the bathroom. The hotel hallways smelled musty and moldy. This is the first Marriott that I stayed at in which I chose to sleep on top of the bed for fear of what may lay beneath the sheets. The staff was relatively friendly but at check out I was not even asked how my stay was. If I hadn't been in a rush to catch my flight to DC I would have shared my experience. Breakfast was good but we were the first people down to eat in the early morning so we enjoyed the first selections. Regardless I will NEVER stay at this property again when I need SFO airport-close accommodations. There are many other cleaner options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and for writing to me about the areas that did not enhance your stay. I do apologize the cleanliness of your kitchen and bathroom. I will take your comments and share with my housekeeping team on the importance of maintaining high Marriott standards. I do wish I would have had the opportunity to make this bad experience up to you. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast.
We do appreciate your loyalty to Marriott hotels and thank you for your Platinum and Gold status. I hope Marriott will have another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The room was very nice and comfortable. Somewhat small,but, it is a airport Courtyard. The staff was very professional and courteous. There shuttle to SFO is pormpt and efficient. The driver was friendly. The rate was reasonable.I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wow- thank you for your wonderful review of our Courtyard Oyster Point. Delighted that we exceeded your already very high expectations. Pleased to read that the staff was professional and courteous and that you had such a friendly shuttle driver. We hope that you will return for more memories and appreciate the time you took to let our readers read your overview.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pretty standard Marriott Courtyard in a nice location between the airport and DT San Francisco. Getting off of 101 and finding your way here can be a bit of a challenge but a call to the desk found me someone that could guide me to the parking lot.

My only issue was that the Internet connection was terrible, like a modem back in the 1980s. I couldn't even see anything in the evening but did get some bandwidth between 530 and 630 in the morning. The problem was made worse by bad cell phone coverage as well.

Otherwise, a pretty nice hotel with not much noise and a nice spot with free parking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments as well as the constructive criticism. I am sorry that the internet connection was slow, we are upgrading our system to 100MB bandwidth, to accomodate the growing number of internet users. We will have this installed by December. I am glad that you enjoyed the free parking. Feedback of any kind is the nourishment that lets us grow and we hope that we have the opportunity to earn you back as guest in the future
Noblesville, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great entrance and makes you believe you're entering a big hotel. Hotel staff that checked us in was great; the next desk person we talked with we were obviously bothering. Room is nice size and clean. The sheers over the windows are torn which makes it look tacky. The only hotel we've stayed at during our two-week trip that did not have a hair dryer in the room. Not far from the restaurants/shops area and a really good location to get to. Outside is a very nice walking area overlooking part of a bay and a really pretty view. Overall good place to stay but could use some detail work.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the front desk clerk who checked you in was great. I feel bad that the room did not live up to your expectation. We are happy to announce that we will be doing a complete room renovation in early 2014. Glad to hear that you enjoyed walking along our Bay trail with the views of San Francisco Bay. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night before a flight home the next morning. The hotel was easy to find off the freeway. The hotel and rooms appeared to be new and clean. My room was very quiet and well appointed. The people at check in and check out very friendly and helped me get directions to fill up the gas on my rental car and get to the airport. It was an easy drive to both gas stations and the airport. I got a good price on the Marriott web site. I would definitely use this hotel again when flying out of SFO and for the right price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. Mine was at the back and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your "Awesome" review you gave to Courtyard Oyster Point and my staff. I am delighted to read that our hotel is one that you will definitely return to. Please come back soon and often !!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place is exactly like every Courtyard you have ever seen. The rooms are fine, cheaper than a full service Marriott and a little off the beaten path....DO NOT EAT here. The food is terrible. Fine to have a beer, but thats it.

Room Tip: If you are going to order food, order out. Seriously.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time write this review regarding your stay with us in July 2013.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the food offerings in our Bistro. In addition to our restaurant we offer complimentary shuttle service to downtown South San Francisco, which has numerours restaurants to choose from. If your travel plans bring you back to the South San Francisco area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and provide a better experience with us than your previous stay.

Been to Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!