I don't know where to start, nor do I know where the people who gave this hotel good reviews stayed; must be the hotel shown on Marriott's website because the actual hotel bears no resemblance to Marriott's web photos. Worn is one thing - this was downright dirty. We are Silver Elite Reward members and own two Marriott timeshares; so I wouldn't give Marriott negative reviews lightly.
The thing everyone always says is "you know what you are getting with Marriott". Not so with this location. We arrived in SF late after a very long flight and were leaving for NY early the next morning. We were taken by Marriott shuttle to the Courtyard - the lobby, front desk, and carpet were absolutely filthy. We were given keys to two rooms. I never saw the other couple's room but they walked in and out of their room saying it was filthy and that the sheets on the bed were threadbare. Our room was dirty. Both couples met in the lobby, went back to the front desk and were given an upgrade immediately. My husband and I took the new key, left our luggage downstairs and proceeded to the third floor to check our room. When we opened the door to the room, a swarm of flies flew in our face. I've never checked trip advisor when booking a Marriott airport location, but while i was writing this I did see all the negative reviews plus a review of bed bugs at the hotel, which I can completely understand.
We immediately went back to the front desk, where I telephoned Marriott Customer Service (which was closed), and was transferred to Reservations. I explained what had happened. The rep was wonderful, immediately called the Marriott SF Airport, booked two rooms for us and arranged to have us taken to the Marriott SFO. She told us the rate was not that the same as Courtyard (higher), but a Customer Service Representative would adjust it the next day. This didn't happen, and both couples were charged the higher rate.
We were completely disappointed in Marriott's handling of this problem; and in the property, which clearly was not up to what we have come to expect as Marriott standards.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard San Francisco Airport
- Courtyard South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Courtyard
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.