“Continues to impress” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   380 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Continues to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This was my second trip to the San Francisco area in two months. I had a positive experience at the Grosvenor Best Western in October and chose to stay there again on my return trip in November. Despite the fact that two flies somehow found their way into my room during my stay, I have always found the hotel and its rooms to be extremely clean and well run. The service staff have always been helpful and attentive to any requests I've had. The free breakfast buffet is mediocre at best, but since I wasn't paying for it, I didn't mind. Besides, the hotel has at least a dozen other dining options nearby. The Grosvenor Best Western has started charging a $3/night fee to park a car in their lot, which is unfortunate, but it's still far less than you would pay to park a car in downtown San Francisco. Speaking of San Francisco, the hotel is a block away from the 101 freeway and less than a five minute drive from I-280. During off peak times, I can be downtown in less than fifteen minutes. Free Wi-Fi is also offered, although one night the service appeared to be down. The only thing I wish the room had was a power strip. The only free outlet was the one in the base of the desk lamp and several times I wanted to charge both my computer and cell phone simultaneously. I would definitely be willing to stay at this property again on a return visit.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
co antrim n ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

we stayed here when we arrived in san francisco after two long flights we got the shuttle bus bit of a long wait but hotel was lovely very clean an comfortable .Good breakfast in the morning took a taxi ride into middle of city price 50 dollars for4 adults.would use this hotel again if in the area an would recommend it to our friends

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

When you want to stay in San Francisco and are not an AIG manager, you have relatively few options. Hotels in San Francisco can get expensive and might burn a hole in your purse. I have no problems staying off the main streets in a hotel which delivers good value for money. And the Best Western Grosvenor is exactly such. Booked of Expedia for some 70 USD I got an excellent value.

The hotel building is located just off the highway 101 very near the San Francisco airport. The hotel is a bit dated, but reasonably maintained. I found the staff friendly and they tried to help the guests as best they could. The room was large and spacy, beds were really comfortable. Free internet was avaiable throughout the hotel. What I liked was the free parking and the free breakfast, although that has apparently changed for anyone booking after 1st November. They will charge you for both the breakfast and parking.

As this is just off the highway, there might be some noise in the rooms facing to it and there is obviously some noise from the departing and arriving aircraft too. Nothing which would disturb me. There is a McDonnalds just across the street and Beijing Buffet a bit further which is quite good. The main San Francisco attractions are a short drive north on the highway and thus well accessible.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

Perfect, it was near the airport ,with a shuttle, for when it was time to leave. We arrived by rental car and easily drove to all the sites in San Francisco. The front staff were very helpful in finding out where Ace Car Rental were located.(not even in the phone book,don't even think about renting from Ace, I had a wreck.) I returned the car the night before leaving and used the hotel shuttle to go to the airport. Room was very nice, breakfast was perfect and food at the restaurant was excellent. It is worth having dinner just to be served by the watress, she is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I was in SF for a business trip and the company that sponsored me booked this hotel (I'm sure because it was cheap. This is the same company that routed me through Las Vegas witha 4 hour layover on a red eye to get to JFK). Anyway, I got into the hotel late on a Sunday and was really quite exhausted after waiting for 40 minutes for their courtesy shuttle (which they share with several other hotels in the area). Once the shuttle showed up it took another 30 minutes to get to the hotel because they stop at all the other hotels first and the driver gets off the bus and gets a cup of coffee or something at each one. When I finally did get to the hotel to check in I was held up for 15 minutes while the front desk searched for my room (even though I gave them a printout of my confirmation).

Once checked in I had no serious complaints except that I question how thoroughly they clean since I found a dirty washcloth in the bathtub after coming home one evening. It was raining quite heavily during my stay and I spoke to several guests who complained that their rooms were leaking severely. If you book this hotel make sure you don't get a room on one of the upper floors which seem to be the ones leaking. That probably explains why I saw a man in a raincoat outside my room sweeping water off the roof.

The biggest positives were the free breakfast which was excellent and the friendly staff in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
grass valley, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Check in was easy and we spent a total of around $140 for a Sat. eve to include a week of parking while we were away on our trip. This was a first time use of a stay/park/fly situation for me and I was traveling with my two kids (6 and 7) alone. Although we couldn't use it because of the time of our flight, our rate included a free breakfast. Our room was pleasant and clean with coffeemaker and cable. We had round table pizza delivered once we arrived. There is a McDonalds across the street, fyi, as well. I called the front desk when I realized that the carpet was damp (unsure if this was from the air conditioner unit near the window). We chose to not change rooms but did find it odd that we were given a room with noticably wet carpet, even if it wasn't necessarily bothersome. The shuttle to SFO was great in the am, no problem at all and certainly helpful for us. On the way back, rookie that I am, I assumed that the shuttle would pick us up outside the baggage claim in arrivals. There was no clear marker outside. I used 411 to call and it was VERY difficult to locate this hotel by 411. I ended up calling another Best Western and eventually located the right hotel. The clerk let me know that the pick up was at DEPARTURES, upstairs, which is a bit odd. We had to wait some but it all worked out. We didn't use the pool but it was a bit small just in case anyone was thinking about that as a selling point for this hotel. All in all, I would likely use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for three nights in order to save some cash while visiting San Francisco (got a great deal at Expedia). Nothing special about this place, except that it is very close to the city (about a 15 minute drive into downtown), and that it has free parking (God knows you can spend a bundle on that alone while visiting SF). It does have a business center but the internet is super slow.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!