“Good Stop-over near the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   380 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotland
“Good Stop-over near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We used this hotel as it was near the airport and we were arriving late evening. There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel but we were tired and couldn't find it so a quick 5 minute trip in a taxi got us to the hotel. Check in was easy, the room was large, comfortable and clean, we slept well and were not aware of any air traffic noise although we could see planes taking off in the morning.
We used this as a stop-over hotel as were were picking up the car in the morning and moving off. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel in the morning. Car parking albeit chargeable is very cheap compared to other places in San Francisco. I'd stay here again given similar circumstances.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Booked this as only silly priced accomodation in SF due to Bay to breakers race and found on internet for $61 pn (rack rate included breakfast which our price didn't). regular shuttle to airport to catch BART but found it as easy to go on the bus from the stop just down the road from the hotel. Room on small side but expected with low rate. Even though close to main road and airport didn't notice any noise. Staff generally helpful. Not much in walking distance apart from McDonalds and IHOP but didn't need it as spend the day in SF

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked this last minute as I needed a hotel near SFO for an early flight. The rate was so good for free wifi, 5.00 parking and close access to the airport. There's a shuttle, too, but I had a car with me.

Reception was friendly, thorough and fast. The gentleman who checked me in and an older doorman/security guard both were considerate and welcoming.

The neighborhood is industrial and near several busy thoroughfares so there's noise outside. There's noise inside, too. The walls are thin, and I could hear my neighbors voices until I put the fan on high and used earplugs. That, combined with a surprisingly good mattress and clean, crisp, new sheets and duvet, allowed me to get a solid night of sleep despite the noises. The bathroom was super clean, as was the carpet. The wallpaper and furniture is old, but maintained with care.

The WiFi was excellent, really super fast and no frills set up, just get online and go. My rate didn't include breakfast, and I had dinner with a friend in Daly City, so I didn't make use of the restaurant, bar or other amenities.

Worked well for a one night stand, don't think I could stay more than that just due to the noise and industrial area.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from families and groups
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Forest Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel is older than old. Just because they put a flat screen TV and a new comforter does not mean that it is new or recently updated. The room smelled musty and the fixtures were from 1940. They also indicated there would be a refridgerator in the room and there was not. I was close to the elevator and heard every time it would ding. I went to the restaurant to get dinner and I felt like I walked into the Regal Begal (AKA the bar in Three's Company sitcom). It has not been updated since at least 1960. Besides the atmosphere, the food was not edible. I ordered pork chops and they were thin, with a bone and completely surrounded in fat. After cutting off all the fat, there was about a 2" dia of pork left. I sent it back and they did credit me, rightfully so. But they had the audacity to charge me $2.50 for the cup of soup I had. Really?? You would have looked better if you would have just credited the whole bill. Clearly they need every penny they can get. This hotel is not is such a great area and the people who stayed here did not look very reputable. I think this has a lot to do with them allowing people to park there for free while traveling. Staying there one night is less than paying for parking at the airport. Overall, I would not leave a dead dog to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManager650, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know that we do have refrigerators available upon request. I am very happy to say that we are now in the process of renovating our restaurant (amongst many other areas in the hotel) to include new carpeting and new chairs, and it looks beautiful. I have shared your comments with our Chef regarding your dissatisfaction with your meal so he can make corrections to the pork chop entree. We do not allow anyone to park for free at our hotel, I am sorry if you thought we did. If you should change your mind and give us another try, I am confident that you will have a better experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Free airport shuttle.
Average size rooms, and quite noisy.
Only free coffee maker, no tea.
Included breakfast quite good , with a reasonable selection.
Polite and helpful front desk staff, good service.
I Hop annd Mcdonalds next door.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Couldn't beat the $79 rate. Opted to stay at an airport hotel for one night since our flight arrived late. Caught the shuttle back to the airport early the next morning to rent a car. We saved a lot of money between not having to pay downtown hotel rates and an extra car rental day.
For an airport hotel it was good. Airport Shuttle bus runs every few minutes. Continental breakfast included in some rates. McDonalds across the street as another option.
No bathroom amenities.
Coffee maker in room.
Clean & adequate for an overnight stay.

San Diego Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Based on other reviews, I booked my husband and I a room at this hotel while we were in San Francisco. The Check-in/out staff are amazing. The room was beautiful and very clean. It was our anniversary and we had eaten clam chowder in sourdough bowls for lunch and so we weren't hungry for a big celebration dinner. We went down to the lounge in the hotel where they have drink special and 1/2 price appetizers. We had a drink and a couple of the appetizers and watched one of the championship basketball games on their HUGE screen. It was a very enjoyable evening. The next morning we went to the free breakfast buffet and were very surprised at what a wonderful selection there was. Scrambled eggs, ham, pancakes, sweetrolls, muffins, croissants, cereal, yougart and much more. It was all very delicious. They even had flavored coffee creamers!

Many people complained about having to pay for parking, we were not charged anything. Maybe they charge if you do the stay and fly where you leave you car there for a while, I really don't know. We did hear a little plane noise but not enough to disturb our sleep.

We would definately stay here again if we were in the area and will be recommending it to others.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager650, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for your great review and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Lounge and our breakfast! I hope you make us a tradition on your Anniversaries! Congratulations and hope to see you soon!
Jim McGuire

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!