“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed March 2014. Excellent value. Liked that location is right next to a Denny's. Convenient to the airport. Breakfast was a waffle maker and cold items. Could use a some eggs and meats. Bed was very comfortable for this category of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pahokee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is overpriced for the lack of value you get. I get that it's just minutes away from the SFO airport, which is a convenience, but for approximately $150 a night, you would think you'd at least get a room that was clean and well maintained. That's never been the case when I've stayed here. In the pictures provided, you'll see what I was greeted with upon entering the bathroom; there are some long, dark hairs on the bathroom floor and tub. One "curly" hair, which I assume didn't come from someone's head, and the clump of hair that came out of the shower drain when I turned on the water.

You'll also notice that where the smoke detector is suppose to be, there's nothing but a scenic view of an electrical junction box. Couple that with a telephone that didn't work because the plug was smashed inside the wall, and you've got a situation that isn't the safest - no smoke detector, and no phone connection.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dedham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights Feb 17, 18th. Mom, Dad and 14 year old son. We were in the annexed property. What a dump. Had to walk by a produce market, dumpy and scary at night, lucky to had husband and son with me. The carpet in the room was old and dirty, but didn't smell. The bathroom was run down but clean, linens were clean. We were at a perfect location for visiting Fishermans Warf. Maybe if I stayed in the main building I would feel different, but it was only for 2 nights so we sucked it up. Free breakfast was good.If I stayed here again I would make sure I was in the main building.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We choose this place for the park and fly feature. It had mixed reviews, but thought I'd give it a try. What a mistake! It is very dirty. The chairs haven't been cleaned in a long time and the bathroom is moldy. The staff are friendly,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I usually stay at Marriott properties but all the hotels at the airport were sold out. Decided to stay here for the one nite. What a mistake! Started out with arriving in San Fran around 10:30 PM. Called for the free shuttle. All their phones weren't working...how can a hotel operate without phone service! I was to,d to call la Quinta west hotel from general reservations and they would be able to arrange for a shuttle. So I called...the person I spoke to Max, was very nice but said he could not do this. So now I wasted a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get to the hotel! I was tired and just flew in from NJ so I was on eastern time. Took a cab....once we got to the hotel I told the girl at the front desk how I had to take a cab. She was very nice and reimbursed me. So I was happy. So then she assigns me and my daughter to a room in the annex property. We had to walk through an area that was dark and looked like garbage dump. Very scary for 2 woman to be walking here alone after midnight. Get to out room put the key in the door and the latch was on! Saw towels on the floor! Scary...didn't know if someone was gonna come out and shot us for trying to get into "their room". So now I had to walk back to the other building through the dump area alone ( left my daughter with our 3 suitcases) to tell the receptionist. Couldn't call...no phone service...she tells me sometimes the doors get stuck. I insisted we thought someone was in the room! She finally got a security guard to escort me back. He tried getting into the room! Sure enough it was occupied! So now it's midnight...he goes back to the front desk to see about getting us another room....front desk tells him the hotel is sold out...but one room was available but supposed to be for another guest arriving later. They finally gave us that room! Exhausted we got into our room around 12:45 AM....room was adequate. Beds were comfortable...security guard was helpful...but it was one scary exhausting night. And no, the6 didn't do anything to compensate us for this fiasco. If you are thinking of staying here make sure you Re not in the annex! It's a scary p,ace not to mention on the train tracks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

this was a poor experience from the moment we stepped foot inside this hotel. When we first arrived to check in it was about 4:40pm and as we walked up to the check in desk the folks behind the counter looked at us and let us know that they could not check us in because their computer system was down and they had no clue when it would be up and running again. They did not offer to help us or give us any reassurance that we would be able to check in at any time - leaving us to worry about whether or not we were going to have a room to check in or not. With us having a super early flight - we needed to have a place near the airport with parking for our time away (3 nights) - and the only reason we chose this hotel in the first place is that they had this option of leaving our car until we came back. So off we went to find something to eat (which they did not offer to help us find something) - when we arrived back at the hotel the staff was not helpful or sorry for the inconvenience and gave us our room key and said they had two reservations for our same name - not true as I only made and paid for one reservation of one night there with three nights of parking (the deal says our car could be parked for up to 8 days). So we went up to our room after he canceled one of the two reservation that was an error on their part, when we got into our room on the second floor. The room was so stuffy and smelled of mold/mildew. I tried to crack open the window for some fresh air and the window would keep falling down - I had to use the Holy Bible book from the drawer to keep it propped up. We didn't want to bother trying to switch rooms in fear the staff would be rude and or not compliant. I went down to buy a water from the machine and it would not accept my money so I walked up to the front desk to let them know - and the woman behind the counter didn't want to be bothered by this issue so she handed me a water from the front desk - I am thankful she did that - but what about any other customers that wanted something from that machine - would they be as lucky? When upstairs I went to take a shower and noticed the bathroom was very dirty, especially the walls of the shower had mildew and mold that I was afraid to touch anything in there.
So when we came back from dinner we were trying to find a parking spot in the hotel parking to leave our car for the three nights and there were no spots! I had to go to the front desk and the woman looked at me blankly and asked the night guard to help us find a spot to park our car. I followed him to a curb by one of the side hotel exits that was not a parking spot but just a curb side and worried that it wasn't the best place for my car to be left for three nights but he said it would be ok. There wasn't a moment when I was on my trip that I did not worry about my car being parked in that strange curb. When we arrived back at the airport waiting for the hotel shuttle to bring us back to the hotel to pick up our car - I called the hotel to make sure my car was fine and also let them know that we'd been waiting over 15min for the shuttle and hadn't seen it. The woman on the line said my car should be fine (obviously couldn't bother checking or calling someone to check for us) and she also said the shuttle would not come to arrivals to pick us up - that we would have to go to the departures area - that did not make any sense to me as all the hotel shuttles were picking people up there at the arrivals. So we waited a bit more and finally the shuttle with "LA QUINTA" and other hotels came - the driver was very nice and said that they always pick up at arrivals. So this staff was not only rude and not helpful - they did not have the correct information to give to their customers - don't know why anyone would choose this place. I would not recommend this hotel for even the most budget friendly flyer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!