“Filthy Place” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Airport Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080-6515   |
Valley Springs, California
“Filthy Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was BY FAR the most disgustingly dirty hotel that we have EVER stayed in.
And, aside from the Denny's in the front, the location is awful. The hotel is located right next to a produce company that disposes of rotten produce and fills the air with an interesting olfactory stimulus, to say the least! The other side is right next to the freeway which is very loud, even in the room

We booked this place primarily because it offered a "Park and Fly" option and because we had stayed only once at a La Quinta while traveling through Nevada which was a great experience... a micro wave, a 'fridge and it was very clean. Well, the "Park and Fly is the ONLY thing that was good the South San Francisco experience.

They have 2 buildings that are separated by railroad tracks and we were placed in the back one on the other side of the tracks from the 1st with the front desk. In order to go to dinner at Denny's we had to cross the tracks and walk right by the rotten produce... not fun and kinda scary. (The pigeons on top of the rotting food seemed to enjoy their meal).

But, far and away, the worst thing about this stay was the lack of cleanliness. The smell when you entered the building was strong with something like a cleaning chemical, which was confusing because our room had not been cleaned. The shower was disgusting. It had mold on the edges, rust on the ceiling, and (I hate to even type this) pubic hair on the edge of the tub!
The room was dark, dingy and small... let alone, of course, no 'fridge or Micro wave.

Not only will I never stay here again, I will never grace the doors of a La Quinta again.
What an awful way to start a vacation

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very good all around...no problems with noise as noted by other reviewers. Parked car at beginning of stay, we were gone about 9 days, all was well when we returned. We did the hotel portion at the end of our park/fly situation...it was fine. We slept pretty good and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. They have a little mini waffle maker, so that was pretty cool and unexpected. There is a Denny's in the parking lot - so quick and easy food if you are in a rush. All in all the hotel was good, food was good, airport shuttle good (important to note they only run every 30 min). Ease of check-in and cheack back in after trip....all was very easy!

plantation
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our flight arrived at midnight so we had pre-booked to stay near the airport the first night. The property is actually 2 buildings separated by railroad tracks and located next to a vegetable processing factory that was processing onions. The parking was inadequate, We had to park along side a fence that was not designated for parking. The room was dark and dingy. The included breakfast was in the other building across the railroad tracks.

Room Tip: stay here only if you have a late arriving flight and will be leaving in the morning.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here only to get cheap park-n-fly from S.F. airport. I normally would never choose to stay in anything less than 3 stars but it was just one night so I made it work. Lots of noise on one side from freeway and then truck noise on the other side of building. We heard this weird humming all night coming from the hall or roof?

The bathroom floors were dirty, stains on the carpets and there were scuff marks on the walls and doors, but again, it's a La Quinta. The breakfast had a good assortment to choose from and was your typical continental breakfast full of carbs. For the price, it was fine but next time I'll probably pay a little more and stay somewhere that's cleaner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

.At first glance I was concerned with our choice of hotel. There is some kind of truck depot right next door and I was thinking it was going to be very noisy . That didn't turn out to be the case. Our stay turned out to be very nice and of course convienent as we were flying out the next morning.
The staff was efficient but lacked the warmth that I have come to know from LQ employees. No smiles, or welcomes, just name and here's your room number. All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love La Quinta, which is why I always stay at their sites. I was surprised, however, to find that this La Quinta did not have the standard refrigerator and microwave in each room or in a common and easily available breakfast area. I had to go to the front desk with the items I needed refrigerated overnight. They took the items and then placed them in a refrigerator behind locked doors near the breakfast room. In the morning, I had to go get the items, repack them, etc. This La Quinta also has no all night coffee service, like most other La Quinta Inns. In my opinion: With planes flying over, the wind shrieking outside my window due probably to the angle of the building and the trees outside, and the other guests who seemed to think the hallways were one big party area, sleeping was a challenge. Still, the room, shower, closet, etc, were all very clean. I just wish most of all the refrigerator hadn't become an issue. The staff, of course, as in most La Quintas, was excellent. When I voiced my opinions and requested help, they were there to help. My small dissatisfaction with this one night stay will not keep me from continuing to use La Quinta Inns elsewhere. They are just the best value out there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this La Quinta and my wife and I agree you get what you pay for. We did a park and stay and left our car for 7 days and stayed one night. It seemed to be the best deal (in this case lowest price) and everything was to be expected for the price. The hotel is old, maybe vintage 50's from the looks of the windows (which were very dirty). The room was clean I think, but some times it hard to tell in older buildings, and the staff was friendly. Also, a security guard patrols the grounds 24/7. so vehicles are safe!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I doubt any rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!