“great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tiburon, California
“great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I live in Marin, and rather than get up at the crack of dawn to catch a really early flight from SFO, I decided to stay the night at the Inn at Oyster Point, and use park n fly.
I was impressed!
The staff was professional and friendly, lots of cool, colorful art, a nice bar with a nice little restaurant with tasty food.
The room was spacious, with views of the SF Bay that you see in travel magazines. Oh, i forgot to mention the room had a fireplace.
Five stars all the way.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Central Coast, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I routinely rely on Tripadvisor as an honest and reliable source of information when making travel plans. So, I was surprised and disappointed by the unnecessary hassle that I received at the front desk when I was checking in at the #1 rated Inn at Oyster Point (incidentally, The Inn proudly displays a notice at the front desk noting their Tripadvisor #1 status). The hassle that I experienced involved the morning breakfast that the inn provides to it's guests. I had called the inn ahead of time and was assured that no matter what time I was leaving in the morning that breakfast would be brought to my room. When I was checking-in the front desk clerk informed me that that was not the case, and that I would not be receiving a breakfast since I was checking out before their "scheduled breakfast time." When I informed the clerk that I had been assured ahead of time by another employee that I would indeed receive a breakfast regardless of any time constraints the clerk recommended that "go to the restaurant and see if they will give you something to take to your room." At that point I realized that the clerk was passing the buck, and not taking any responsibility for what was definitely a front desk problem. I politely restated the obvious, that the inn needed to keep it's promise to me. The clerk then appeared to realize that I was not going to be easily brushed off, so I was told, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." 15 minutes later a porter arrived at my door with a plastic bag with 2 containers of yogurt....my "breakfast." The porter noticed my surprise and disappointment. I let him know the history of this breakfast snafu, and then things changed. Finally, someone understood the problem and decided to solve it. 10 minutes later the porter was back with a full breakfast tray, which I enjoyed having before I checked out of the inn very early the next morning.

As an experienced traveler I fully understand that things go wrong when traveling. Problems happen. But the true sign of an accommodation that deserves my business is one that takes ownership of a problem and solves it the first time. This did not happen at The Inn at Oyster Point.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
HamiltonPearl, Manager at Inn at Oyster Point, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Our apologies for the inconvenience we caused you. Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience. It was very helpful to us and also to our future early morning departure guests. We now have expanded our complimentary breakfast service offering. In addition to the Complimentary Continental Breakfast delivered to the guestroom, available from 6:30am to 10:00am; we also have an Early Bird Breakfast To Go, available to our guests departing the hotel prior to 6:30am. Many thanks and happy travels.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This establishment is perfect for the quiet getaway or if you want to visit San Francisco but not be in the thick of it. Although it is about 30 mins out of San Francisco (close to the airport) it is so serene and wonderfully kept. The restaurant and bar area is warm and friendly as are the staff. For those wanting to go into San Francisco "The Inn @ Oyster Point" are happy to drop you to the BART (train) and pick you up so long as its a reasonable hour. The rooms are spacious with a lovely view of the marina. I definitely recommend the " Inn @ Oyster Point" .

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I'd been to the Oyster Point area for work quite a few times, but when I had an evening event in the area my wife and I figured we'd stay the night. How surprised we're we by the Oyster Point Inn! The decor is fantastic, a trendy quirky design that is a huge relief from the typical bland and sterile corporate hotels. And since we arrived at night, we didn't really get a feel for the area until we woke up to an absolutely perfect view of the sunrise over the marina. And then to get complimentary room service for breakfast - makes me never want to eat off the styrofoam dishes at most hotels with free breakfast ever again! What a great way to start the day. A true hidden gem!

• Stayed December 2011
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business and was pleasantly surprised. I had a very late arrival (2.00 am) and the front desk could not have been nicer.
I had a great room, not huge, but big enough for a large bed & a small sitting area with views over the marina. The rooms are perfect for a nuce relaxing stay. Very comfortable bed and with a fireplace, which is a nice touch. One of the best things is breakfast delivered to the room. Not a huge choice, but a great way to start the day. I'm sure for some this place is a little out of the way from downtown San Francisco, but for me it was perfect. There's a great walking/running trail directky outside which can rally help with the relaxation. It's about 3 miles from the airport and on the northern tip of South San Francisco. It's very convenient for HWY 101 and although it is close to the airport, you don't really hear the airplanes, unlike Burlingame which is where I usually stay. Overall I've had a great time and would hope to stay here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2012
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Beautiful, warm, welcoming hotel with thoughtful and caring staff. Breakfast delivered to your room each morning is superb (and included in the already excellent price). Fireplace, bay view and breakfast nook in every room. Luscious bedding, lovely lobby, awesome bar staff (Mike made me a hot toddy when I was sick that fixed me right up). Very convenient to airport, city and other points south of SF (such as Palo Alto). Parking is free and ample. Only downside: you do need a car if you stay here, as there is nothing walking distance. But the upside of not staying in the heart of the city is that I was not accosted by screaming homeless people every time I ventured out at night. This is one of my favorite hotels ever and will be my new top choice in San Francisco.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This place felt like staying in the guest room at a nice house. It's a smaller, unique property that doesn't have that cold airport-hotel feel to it. The best part of the place is the service though - they seem to genuinely care that you have a good stay. I had an issue with the shuttle service, but they ended up reimbursing the taxi I had to take from the airport. Would you ever get that at a chain?

Room Tip: I can't imagine which rooms would be bad, except the ones right next to the elevator.