This is the second year that I have stayed at this hotel, and again it didn't disappoint. I was attending a conference downtown, and going on my own dime, needed affordable accommodations in easy reach of the city, and this is a great choice.
I stayed here for three days, and arrived a little before check-in time, but there was absolutely no problem checking in early. The rooms are relatively basic but comfortable, functional and exceptionally clean -- while this certainly isn't a luxury hotel, it has everything you need. The bathrooms are possibly a little tired, but extremely well maintained, and again, spotlessly clean.
Despite having a no vacancy sign at both check-in and check-out, the hotel was very quiet, and I was never disturbed by other guests. Aircraft noise from the nearby airport is audible outside, but I never noticed it in the room. The air conditioning unit worked very well, and the bed was comfortable if on the firm side. The two car parks were always almost full, but even arriving back late I was always able to find a space.
This hotel is conveniently located for the Caltrain station, a good option for reaching downtown. The station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and even walking back at night I never felt unsafe. The Caltrain costs $3 to get downtown and takes about 15 minutes, so this is a very good option to save on the cost of parking if you are going to be there for a few hours.
The only downside I can think of is that the wifi, which last year had been faster-than-average for a hotel of this type, was this year often slow to the point of unusable -- on a few occasions I had to switch to tethering via my phone, as the wifi would only partially load webpages at best. This may have been a result of the hotel being at capacity, or the location of my room, however.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again next year -- I just hope that, as they are appear to be becoming very popular, I'm able to get in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Airport/South San Francisco. We are conveniently located off Highway 101, only three miles north from San Francisco International Airport and eight miles from downtown San Francisco. Our hotel is a short ride from Fisherman's Wharf, Cable Car Stations, Pier 39, Presidio, Fort Mason, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Airport/South San Francisco features 23 newly renovated hotel rooms and suites with beautiful decor. Our hotel offers a free continental breakfast served daily from 7am to 10am. Our guest rooms feature free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, cable TVs with HBO, hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, and free local calls. Free on-site parking is available. Our hotel is ideal for families, couples, and individual travelers. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Airport/South San Francisco offers the perfect blend of bay area charm, luxury, and modern amenities. We understand that it is the little things that make your stay comfortable. At Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Airport/South San Francisco, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - San Francisco Airport