“Clean Cheap, Courteous, and Conscience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge South San Francisco

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South San Francisco
Travelodge South San Francisco
You added Travelodge South San Francisco to your Saves list
1330 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080   |
Lahaina, Hawaii , United States
“Clean Cheap, Courteous, and Conscience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Again, traveling for work, at the mercy of "suits" budget. I can't say too much more than, " convenience,clean, cost efficient, close, and comfortable". Whether you need a quick layover rest period near SFO airport, need to stay in a budget for a family trip to San Francisco, or like myself, " at the mercy of your companies accountants", THIS IS PERFECT!. Simple amenities available such as - FREE !light complimentary breakfast daily ( save the food budget for dining options in SF North Beach landmark restaurants, or a hop in hop off sightseeing tour like I did ). FREE shuttle service all day to and from the Airport ( it arrives PROMPTLY every half hour and will allow the use of the area " BART" train system - again saving your vacation budget for tickets to tours, cruises, adventure ETC). I used this option daily for both Work and Play - " I do LOVE to play :)".
This property has NO FRILLS but the very clean, both inside and out, ( I liked the phone calls from the front desk enforcing the property " Mandatory Maid Service every 48 hours"). If your are on vacation with family the heated pool is perfect for children, cleaned constantly and almost too hot ! even in Feb. ( although I was solo and on a business trip, I would be fine with my 2 year old swimming here- and I AM sort of a germ and safety nut when it comes to my boys.
As for the Front Desk Staff- ALWAYS helpful, happy, and with out hesitation with questions, printing out information or documents ( at no charge like some places ).
but the price is the best part of it - go on line and you can stay at this above average hotel for 1/3 of the cost per night than the other 5 plus hotels in a 5 block radius.
HINT: if you are planning a family trip, on a budget, and want to experience ALL there the adventures and history of the Bay Area & San Francisco, I really found a useful tool to save money on everything there is to see and do AND, ( I really like this part) "SAVE THE PLANET" " GO GREEN"! I found a paperless ticket and coupon site that was helpful and accomplished the above by packaging up some of the city and bay tours in the area, ( its was not fully developed at the time I searched, but I did see the potential in the near future), - " mobile-ticket"

Room Tip: any one NOT exposed to the Highway noise if you plan to keep window or door open, no worries about n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

lito, delphi, mateo room lady, and pool guy are nice, the rooms are comfy, they fix the problem fast and it is in a great location. The free wifi is in the hot spot in the lobby but it does reach some rooms. Over all it was a great stay and when I go visit the bay I always keep this place in mind when doing my research,

Room Tip: the 700 section is away from the main road and 708 has a working heater, but 705 has the fridge and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is right by the airport but there was no noise factor. It's real close to Pacifica and real close to SF. The rooms are older, and it may look a little beat up but it wasn't dirty. The bed was actually comfortable. And the price was right. It was a last minute trip and I wasn't disappointed. So it's just a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel online in UK and paid up front for two nights. When My family and I arrived at San Francisco airport, we rang the hotel, but waited for over an hour for pick up. When we did arrive, the receptionist said we were not on incoming guests and I had to pay again. Luckily, American Express refunded the money on my return. All in all not very impressed with service received and will choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
West Simsbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at the Travelodge South San Francisco for one night prior to flight the next morning. Very convenient location down the street from the airport. Many issues with this hotel though. WiFi they advertise....non existent unless you are in the lobby and even then, you cannot download anything. Was supposed to get a king room, but received a queen instead. Not sure why but was not in the mood to move my things after I already brought them up to the 2nd floor. After getting frustrated with the WiFi in the room, I went to the lobby and did not get much better reception. Went back to my room and my key would not work....REALLY...waited for 10 minutes for the staff to get done with the people they were checking in and got 2 keys because I was not dealing with it again. Trying to park near where your room is can be a challenge. I would stay there again only due to the location but the bathroom was OLD and not very clean and I could not reach into the slider to close the bathroom door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Camberley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We used this Travelodge as a base for San Francisco - it is competitively priced as accommodation in SF is notoriously expensive. The rooms were clean enough, although a previous guest had smoked in the room. Coffee making facilities were in the room. Breakfast of pastries, bagels, etc was available in the reception area every day.

Travelling into SF is notoriously difficult by car. We got a great tip from the lady on reception (sorry, I forgot her name), to travel about 5 miles north on the 101 and catch the Larkspur ferry into the heart of SF. This was an enjoyable and reasonably priced alternative to sitting in traffic and gave us photo opportunities of the bridge and Alcatraz ! This is a commuter ferry and may be busy in the rush hour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Hoyel is nice and staff is very supportive. They are very cooperative. They are giving good information about everything. I hope all hotels like that

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers Inn
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 stars 75 reviews
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
El Camino Inn
#3 of 5 in Daly City
3.0 of 5 stars 74 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.5 of 5 stars 212 reviews

Been to Travelodge South San Francisco? Share your experiences!