“Unexpected but nice” 4 of 5 stars

Parking and WiFi Offer
singapore
“Unexpected but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was very near to the airport.

What I expected was a pretty basic hotel. What I found was a Ten Storey structure where the interior is hollowed out with all floors visible and the void filled with a large and beautiful garden.

This is a part of the Hilton Chain and so I was offered a large room which was basically a living room and separate bedroom. The furnishings were basic however the bed was very comfortable, it was clean and everything worked. Whilst there are blockout curtains, they do not overlap and despite my best efforts the sun light up my room from early in the morning. So I recommend you do not get an east facing room.

Breakfast was a basic fare although there was enough choice and a station where they would cook you some eggs or an omlete. This was all included in the room rate which I thought was pretty reasonable.

The fitnesss centre was small but adequate with 24 hour access.

It was certianly pleasant to be able to walk out of your room and look down on the lush gardens in the attrium. Over all a comfortable and nice place to stay that was airport friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid an east facing room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mendocino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the years. Quite often I use their park and fly program for various trips. I like the design of the hotel interior, the afternoon free cocktails, the freshly cooked breakfast in the mornings and the service is always very good. The rooms are very comfortable and nice suites with a living rooms and sofa. Makes for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn, Bayern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel is good, rooms clean and I was not bothered much by the close by airport. It probably helped to have a room to the north.
Breakfast is somewhat chaotic. They were out of Orange juice for at least the 45 minutes that I stayed there.

Somewhat annoying is that they charge, I think $11 for WiFi and $17, but they have the managers reception with free drinks for two hours.. Honestly I would rather have it the other way around.
Also be careful with the bill. I had the WiFi charge on there twice. It was removed without discussion when checking out.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing north.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for 5 nights during a tour of California.
We were well looked after by a very competent team of professionals - Nothing was too much trouble. Lots of sight seeing advice and generally very friendly. We felt at home the moment we stepped foot through the door.
Highlights - Views from the upper floors. Inclusive breakfast. Free Managers cocktails each evening. Well appointed rooms
Lowlights - None.
Tip - When going in to San Francisco, if the hotel shuttle isn't running to Town, take the Hotel shuttle to the Airport and then the BART metro system - Quick and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite - More spacious
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Wow!!!! Is all I gotta say.....From the minute we arrived till the time we checked out, the service was Awesome. Steve at the front desk checked us in and was very professional. I dont understand where all the negative feedback comes from other guests but this hotel always made sure we were enjoying our stay and also went above and beyond. I also wanted to mention Tim and Dietra. Both of these front desk staff members were wonderful as well and always were willing to assist. Thank you guys for making me and my 14 family members feel welcomed. I enjoyed the breakfast and took advantage of all the yummy snacks and drinks at the evening managers reception. I also had a problem with the in room movies not working and the engineer tried his best to trouble shoot the problem. When he found he couldn't resolve the problem, he was so generous to give a voucher for a free meal from room service for the inconvenience. I rate this hotel a 5 because that is the highest I could go, but this property deserves more!!!!
Thanks again Steve, Tim, and Dietra for everything!!!! Hawaii misses kind hearted people when we are away from home, but you found a way to fill that for us!!!! You guys rock !!!!!
(P.S. To my fellow Trip Advisors.......Please don't be fooled by the negative reviews. I read every single review prior to coming and was totally shocked to see that this property blew me away!!!! Im glad I didn't decide to switch hotels based on the negative reviews.)

Room Tip: 4th floor and above
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Hotel is located in a business park area near the airport. There is an airport shuttle which we used. Typical Embassy Suite design with the atrium and complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour. Breakfast was pretty good and plentiful. The rooms are getting run down but quiet, at least where we were located. The staff was great, helpful and courteous.
Its an expensive taxi ride to downtown but one day we took the Cal train after getting a ride from the hotel shuttle to pick up spot which saved $.
There is a gas station or two in the area but nothing outside of the hotel restaurant for dining to which you could walk.
We weren't at the hotel much but overall it served our purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

On Easter Sunday we watched the South San Francisco Fire Department work for over 2 hours trying to rescue a little girl from an elevator that we stuck between the 1st and 2nd floor. They had to break the glass and saw out of portion of it to rescue her and then bring her down on a ladder. The other elevators didn't seem too stable either and we cringed time we rode them.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!