“Great place for anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Liberty, MO
“Great place for anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We just celebrated our 45th anniversary at Oak Tree. The food, service, atmosphere was perfect. Our party from five years old to 68 was from across the country and from Moscow; we like all kinds of food; everybody left happy. It was a very special night

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Oak Tree Inn is a hidden gem in South Pasadena. You almost can't tell it's a restaurant from the outside, even though it is in a conspicuous location, because of the non-descript building. Inside, though, you really appreciate the low profile approach right on busy Fair Oaks Ave. Over the years, I've probably eaten at Oak Tree Inn around 50 times and there hasn't been a single occasion where I was disappointed. They really do keep it reasonably simple, but that simplicity shouldn't be confused for blandness. One taste of their Lemon Chicken or their Sweet & Pungent Shrimp and you'll be hooked. It's also reasonably priced and the servers are friendly. Honestly, what's there to dislike in all of this?!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“My favorite restaurant in South Pas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

South Pasadena has a lot of great restaurants, but this is my favorite, and I've eaten at every restaurant in town. It inches out the rest with it's great tasting food that really satisfies. They have a wide selection of seafood (Shark fin or abalone, anyone?), and you get a lot for your money. Some of my favorite dishes are the "Oak tree special" fish or beef, the crispy duck with taro (You get a lot of food with this one, and it's super rich. Just order a half order, and you'll still never finish it. It's delicious, though.), and walnut shrimp. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“food here seemed pretty...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

food here seemed pretty average but when I went for takeout it was packed with Chinese families. Maybe worth a second look?

Central, Illinois
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Allow me to the the first to review OTI on TripAdvisor!

I dined with my boss and a client for lunch at OTI in March 2008. Since the client is a native of Hong Kong he took care of ordering. We had two appetizers (potstickers and deep-fried spring rolls) two entrees (one beef and one chicken) and a large deep-fried whole "snowfish" that I had seen delivered by the fishmonger ten minutes prior. This meal was just excellent and the service solid and unobtrusive.

Our bill was $100 but we got a LOT of food and fresh seafood of this quality and size is not inexpensive. We relly enjoyed our meal and hope to be back!