“dirty and smells bad” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn City of Industry

Rodeway Inn City of Industry
You added Rodeway Inn City of Industry to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn City of Industry
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1228 N Durfee Avenue, South El Monte, CA 91733 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in South El Monte
El Monte, California
“dirty and smells bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

if there is one thing i can't stand about a motel is dirty. I understand it's a cheap place but people still expect a nice stay,right? my non-smoking room smells like a smoking room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Families
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The bad: really close to the freeway, not much nearby, broken peephole that was filled in instead of repaired.

The good: surprisingly quiet, not a bad neighborhood (not really a neighborhood at all; a freeway intersection, a gas station, and a McDonalds), ample parking, super-friendly desk girl. And I had absolutely no cleanliness issues - my room was immaculate. It's one of the nicer of the Rodeways.

Bottom Line: I'll stay here again if I need a cheap place to crash. It's not a vacation hotel, just a cheap clean bed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
El Mar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

i was there with my couple and i dont like this hotel....Smell so bad,even the lobby....The "continental breakfast" was only a sweet bread and a artificial orange beverage..Imagine this,a country like California with a lot of orange and this hotel brings one beverage that is only 1% juice and the rest just water,sugar and ariticial color..Is so close to the freeway and have noise. The hair dryer doesnt work properly,the microwave oven smells and the refrigerator dont work properly too. The first impression of this hotel was so bad and our stay there confirm this. Another point,if you plan to stay there,get a car in a rent center because this hotel is so far of interesting places.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South El Monte,CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

I checked in after a long day at work and was so tired I didnt even turn on the lights and crawled into bed. I got up a few moments later to turn on the A/C and when I couldnt get it to work I had to turn on a light. I wish I hadnt; the place was filthy, the door was rotting on the bottom with mold. The counter tops were actually sticky. Even the hair dryer on the wall had a thick layer of crud. I called the front desk asking to move rooms and was asked why. I first mentioned to A/C and they sent someone over to look at it and he could do nothing. When I mentioned I would just rather leave since the rooms were so filthy I was greeted with a flurry of F-bombs from the Manager. Get the F out of my hotel etc... I had paid for two nights and asked for a refund and I even said I would pay for the first night though I had only been there for a few hours. Again I was offered up some more F-bombs and was told that I would be getting no refund. I had to call my credit card company to make sure to dispute the charges. I even made sure to call the 800-300-8800 customer relations number to let them know of my joyous stay. If you dont want to trust my experience simply ask to see the room before you pay, any "nice/clean" place will never have a problem with such a request. I should have done this myself but I gave in to being tired and paid the price.

• Liked — The fact that I left
  • Disliked — I would say the rude Management or the unhealthy conditions in the rooms
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
silver spring,maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

When I checked in, i realised that I had booked a economy room facing the freeway. So I asked for a room on the other side and there
was a additional charge for larger suites for $10. It was clean, quiet,and comfortable with nice furniture, and the staff provided great service and since then I have been staying there when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn City of Industry? Share your experiences!