We stayed here as a family of 4 while visiting Yosemite. As mentioned in other reviews, Yosemite is a long drive (up to 2 hours). That said there are plenty of nearby attractions that would make a stop here worthwhile. The on-site restaurant was good although it closed at 8.30pm. There are plenty of nearby restaurants you can drive to (and fast food places if you arrive back late from Yosemite!).
The room was fine. The place was clean. We were happy to have a fridge to put some milk in (I really don't like the ubiquitous "coffee creamer" powder that US hotels provide with their coffee makers). The hotel pool was pleasant and not too busy when we used it. I would happily come here again but I wouldn't use it just to visit Yosemite.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel Sonora
- Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel
- Best Western Sonora
- Sonora Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Sonora, California hotel conveniently located in the heart of Gold Country. Those in need of Yosemite lodging will not be disappointed at the Best Western Sonora Oaks! Guests will be a short distance from many landmarks and attractions, including the Sierra Railroad, Columbia State Park and Yosemite National Park. Guests will also be near Dodge Ridge Ski Area, Leland Snow Park and we are the closest hotel to Black Oak Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Best Western, Tingo and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.