“Cute B&B” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gunn House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sonora
Gunn House Hotel
286 So Washington St., Sonora, CA 95370   |
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Sonora
Utah
“Cute B&B”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Up side is its a cute B&B. Clean etc.. They serve a great breakfast in a great room.
Down side is if ur not a sound sleeper its not so good. We had a room in the back and u still pick up a lot of main street / drag traffic noice and the walls/celling/floors are thin.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
one08, Owner at Gunn House Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
I am sorry you were disappointed with our hotel. Unfortunately we cannot change our location or control the street noise.

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Marin County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We just returned from a long weekend at the Gunn House with our two children, ages 6 and 3. The Gunn House manages to combine the best features of a motel and a B&B. It's cozy and comfortable, with a friendly welcoming staff. The prices are a real bargain, especially considering that breakfast is included. And by breakfast, I mean a real breakfast, not one of those sweet-roll-and-weak-coffee affairs. Wake up to a wide selection of freshly baked breads and coffee cakes, Belgian waffles, fruit, and an amazing egg-and-sausage breakfast casserole.

Rooms were clean and decorated with antiques and teddy bears. Beds were excellent and comfortable, with down comforters and pillows. Try to get a room around the back of the building, since the hotel faces Sonora's main drag. Traffic tends to evaporate after around 10 pm, though, since Sonora isn't exactly Nightlife Central (part of its charm).

Highly recommended, especially for families with children, but suitable for a romantic getaway as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I am just back from a 15 days road trip is West America, and the Gunn House Hotel is without any doubt the best place I slept! It was the end of my trip, just after Yosemite, my boyfriend and me were exhausted after a very long day hiking.....it was such a pleasure to arrive in the little paradise!

The couple who own the hotel is very nice, and the house is so beautifull and comfortable. You can arrive until 10.00pm. The rooms are very confortable and decorated with taste, you feel so good there! There is also a nice swimming pool.

But my favourite part was the homemade breakfast, amazing!!! So good, with tea, cafe, cereals, 4 or 5 different cakes, eggs, waffle......delicious!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

The Gunn House Hotel was a wonderful find. Because of the reasonable price, it was much more than we had expected, and we're not easily impressed. Attention has been paid to every detail of the hotel both inside and out. There are many balconies, which we particularly enjoyed. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the mattress was soooo comfortable. The owners and managers were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was really good. We will be back and we will bring relatives and friends.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
one08, Owner at Gunn House Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
Thank you for your very nice comments.
Rancho Murieta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Just returned home from a two night stay at the Gunn Hotel. My wife and enjoyed our stay immensely. The service people we dealt with from the time we arrived until we departed were all spectacular including the owner, Mike. I tried to book a king room in the back of the hotel over the pool as others have suggested, but those rooms were not available. We ended up in room #6 directly across the hospitality room. The room was very convenient for breakfast service, but if someone wanted to sleep in it would not be a great location due to foot traffic noise. Otherwise the room was clean, quaint and exactly what we were looking for.
We thought the comp breakfast was very tasty/ample and added a great deal of value to the price of the room.
Although we will look for a new/different room location we will certainly return to this hotel on our next visit to Sonora.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bethel Island, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

I was planning a mini-trip to the snow with my family which consisted of myself, my two daughters, aged 9 and 15, my sister and her boyfriend and her 3 year old son. I decided Sonora was a good mid-point to the the snow-not too far away and it has all the comforts of home ie; Walmart, Starbucks, Taco Bell, etc. Anyway we had stayed at th e Aladdin Motor Inn last year, which I still highly reccommend but I have to say that the Gunn House has become a new family favorite.

The rooms are all unique and different and I love the old-fashioned decor and rich color schemes and my kids loved the way the doors opened from the top half-they have never seen anything like that in this modern age! The beds were very comfortable and I slept very well, although according to other websites the hotel was rumored to be haunted, so my 15 year old awoke quite suddenly at 5 in the morning swearing that something had woke her up-I dont think so, her mind tends to run away from here!-LOL!

We were in no hurry to check out the next morning and were half tempted to extend our trip another day just to enjoy the hotel!
The breakfast was wonderful with the self-serve waffle maker, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, sweet breads, toast, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, etc., etc. We lingered over breakfast for nearly an hour and a half and were sad to check out. I will definitely be returning and would absolutely reccommend it to anyone!

I wouldnt say it is 5 star-but it is obvious that it is a labor of love to the owners and all their hard work was appreciated by me and my family! We WILL be back!

• Liked — The Uniqueness
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

What a wonderful night's stay at the Gunn House. Very cozy room. But what an amazing breakfast. Wonderfully displayed buffet, and made to order waffles. A beautiful end to a comfortable stay.
Will come again someday.

• Liked — Great location. Breakfast buffet.
  • Disliked — older building. circuitous route to room.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gunn House Hotel? Share your experiences!