“Outstanding cafe in a town of 1,500 people” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: Eclectic
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding cafe in a town of 1,500 people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in town following a day trip to Yosemite with a tour group and were staying at a motel just down the street. We walked by several diners on a Sat. evening and noticed that quite a few people were eating in the Europa Cafe. We were greeted at the door, seated immediately, handed a menu by a very friendly waitress and drinks were served while we perused the attractive menu selections. They have California wines by the glass and by the time I selected one ,our dinners were served.

We both had sandwiches and fries and both were outstanding!! Our waitress explained they weren't open for breakfast on Sunday as all the employees were family and they needed a day off. Terrific food, friendly server and very reasonable prices.We were very pleased with everything at Europa Cafe! Highly recommend

Visited September 2013

Sonora, California
“They where missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

For many years this restaurant had been closed and it was a go to place when you didn't know what you wanted because they had it all. The originals owners family reopened and to our great pleasure many of the old menu items are there, and the warm feeling of a family run restaurant is still there. Great food!

Visited August 2013
Groveland, California
“Great burger and Milk Shake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a perfectly sized cheese burger followed by a huge old fashioned milk shake. The staff was friendly and helpful and pointed out other places to visit in Sonora. The fries were good but didn't stay crispy long enough. I would go back just for the shake.

Visited August 2013
Sonora, California, United States
“Spontaneous Request Creates a Sensational Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

On a 100 degree day in Sonora, I only had time for a quick late afternoon lunch. I felt like eating lite because of the heat and a catered evening event to attend. I browsed the menu and didn't see anything immediately. I overheard something about 'lamb' and asked my server Krishna if they could make a substitution for the special. I asked for a grilled Lamb Steak salad and she asked Arta, in the kitchen if there was any lamb.

The photo is what came out of the kitchen is what Arta created on the spot. Beyond the great satisfaction of this tremendous salad was another request that produced a small plate of homemade potato chips that I've search for endless times but rarely encounter.

Great Service and Great Food is unbeatable at the Europa. And the prices just make you so happy to eat great food at a very reasonable price.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz, California
“Best Caesar Salad Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We haven't eaten here for at least 12 years when it was still Wilma's Flying Pig Cafe. I'm here to tell you this is a solid cafe, at least if the Caesar Salad is a sign. It's a very large salad of fresh romaine, homemade dressing and croutons, and slices of freshly baked French bread. The service was outstanding.

• Visited August 2013