“Always good - great service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our family!
“Always good - great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of our local favorites - haven't had anything I didn't like. Very good veal dishes and personal pizza. Some day I may have enough room for the Tiramisu....looks good.

Visited October 2012

Washington DC
“Wow - great Pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Excellent home made fettucine with pomodoro sauce; bolognese also excellent. The beautiful Julianna as server was also a delight!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, England
“There's Italian and there's American Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Date of our visit: 17th September 2012. As a stop-over on a Cosmos Western Wonders Coach Tour

We were recommended Christopher’s by our tour guide as our coach drove through the high street on our way to our hotel for the night. So we thought, OK let’s give it a try.

We hadn’t made a reservation, so the lady waitress advised us that we could be accommodated in 20 minutes and asked us to take a seat in the hotel lobby next door (a different business entirely) which we did. No drinks were on offer while we waited, and I had to go back into the restaurant and help myself to four menus. Not the best of starts.

Anyway, we finally got to our table and ordered food and drinks ( a nice bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio at a reasonable price).

I was in Italy only two months earlier, and I’ve got to say that Chris’ take on Italian food is slightly different to what is served in say, Lombardia.

Two things stand out. The fries with garlic were … like I’ve never had before. I mean, showered in garlic too powerful to really enjoy. Then my Veal Picata came accompanied by a walloping portion of spaghetti pomodoro on the plate. Traditional Italian restaurants would serve the spaghetti pomodoro separately beforehand as a ‘primi’ on it’s own plate, followed by the Veal Picata ‘secondi’. To allow the diner to enjoy the flavours separately, not flowing into one another. Our desserts were very enjoyable and our empty stomachs had been filled so despite the interpretation of Italian style v’s American Italian style, we went back to our motel happier, fuller and ready to sleep.

Chris’ 2 waitresses were lovely girls, charming and friendly.

Would I return again to Christopher's Ristorante? Of course, but next time I would ask Christopher to prepare and present my food in a way to which I’m more accustomed and go easy on the avalanche of garlic.

Good luck with your business Chris.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Twain Harte, California, United States
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The ambiance isn't very nice, The staff was really nice and helpful. Great local wines. I wish that they severed more steaks.

Visited September 2012
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Superb food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Large (and authentic) proportions. Very tasty. The garlic bread was the best I have ever come across. The spumoni ice cream was only fair (and overpriced). All three in my party would have returned, had we stayed in the area longer.

Visited August 2012