“Good food, attentive staff, enjoyable meal” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our family!
Oakdale, California
“Good food, attentive staff, enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I went with 2 friends to Christopher's Ristorante on a Satuday night before attending a play. We were greeted promptly and warmly by the hostess and seated. Our waitress arrived soon after and we ordered our dinner. Each of us had a different item from the menu, and all of them were very delicious. The sauces were light and flavorful, and we enjoyed them very much. Our waitress continued constantly refilled water glasses and asked if we needed anything else. We had a very enjoyable, relaxing meal and made it to the play on time. I realize other reviewers did not have a pleasant experience, but ours was not like that. It's hard to believe that they went to the same restaurant that we did - especially since we went on at Saturday night in the summer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Playa del Rey, Ca.
“Don't eat here!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Service is horrible. Food is mediocre. Attitude of staff - When I inquired of the helper about 20 minute wait for service, she responded concerning our server, "She can't help it, She is a blond!!! We waited 40 minutes for food. We saw people leaving entire Pizza's on the table as they left. Beware, if you expect courtesy and professional attitude - you have gone to the wrong place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, CA
“Uneven food quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Tuesday after Fourth of July holiday, at about 6:30 pm there were three tables occupied, including ours. Spouse had Spaghetti Bolognese, daughter had Lasagna, S-I-L and I had Veal Marsala. The SIL reported way too much "raw" garlic on his veal. The ladies were well satisfied with their entries. As for my Veal Marsala it had more defects than too much garlic. The sauce was watery, and if there had been any Marsala in it, it was so slight as to be hard to detect. The veal, which was ample, was not of uniform thickness, as were the mushrooms. Any Marsala dish is usually easy if you adhere to correct proportions and let the sauce thicken to carry the flavor. Apparently, this chef did neither. The total experience should not be based solely on my experience with the Marsala, so leaving mine out, this restaurant probably is OK. But for me, I don't need to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fremont, California
“One of the best Italian family style restaurants around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Found this restaurant while going on a trip to Yosemite. Spoke with locals in Sonora who recommended Christopher's Ristorante as one of the best Italian restaurants around. As former San Francisco native that grew up in North Beach's little Italy area, I can confidently say that this restaurant can easily compete with any of the Italian restaurants in San Francisco's little Italy area. The only difference is the price. This place is very reasonably priced. Most of the entrees are under $15.00. Their homemade spaghetti is one of the best that I have ever tasted. Reminds of the spaghetti I grew up eating in San Francisco's North Beach area. My wife had their fish entree which was very tender and flavorful. Portion sizes are very generous. So be prepared to ask for a doggie bag! Desserts here as good as it gets. They are made in-house so to be sure quality and flavor are consistent. My family has been here several times and they consistently exceed our expectations. We have to drive over two hours from our home to get here. So you know this place must be good in order for us to drive to it. Parking is on the street in front of the restaurant. So you may have to walk a bit to get to it. Also, it is located in a hotel building, so don't be turned off by it's look. This place is a gem on the main downtown strip thou the interior is more casual. I would highly recommend this place for great Italian food if you are on your why visiting Yosemite or all the great attractions in the Sonora area.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redding, California
“Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We had a fabulous meal! The mushroom ravioli with red pepper cream sauce was absolutely perfect. We had a local wine recommended by the server which was reasonably priced and delicious. The service was friendly and quick. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2011