“Parisian Crossiants in the Gold Country!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barretta Gardens Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
Barretta Gardens Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Barretta Gardens Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
700 South Barretta St., Sonora, CA 95370   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Sonora B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Parisian Crossiants in the Gold Country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2003

I stayed at the Barretta Inn in July of 2002. As a self proclaimed "foodie" from San Francisco, I must confessed I decided to stay at the Barretta Garden Inn after reading that the owner is a baker from France! After returning from my second visit to France, I simply could not eat another crossiant not baked by a French. The Barretta Inn's breakfast exceed my expectations! Not was I served chocolate and butter crossiants "just the way I remembered them in Paris," breakfast also consist of quiche, fruits salad scones, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice (another very important factor in my decision). In addition, we were served fresh baked cookies for afternoon tea. (And they gave me a "doggie-bag"-to-go of crossiants when we checked out!) The room itself was very tastefully decorated (without the overdone lace and floral draperies found in many Victorian B&Bs...) and private.
Although there were 3 other couples sharing the B&B with us, we never heard our neighbors. I love our bathroom with jacuzzi for two. We didn't spent mich time on the grounds as we were "passing through," but it looked very green, lush, quiet and relaxing, with view of the town below. Sonora itself is definitely "a town that rolls up the sidewalk," but it is one of the few "real towns" with "real people" (as oppose to "toy towns" like Nevada City) in the Gold Country. A walk down Main Street - depending on where you're from, could be a real cultural experience (e.g. the one stop shopping bar-knife-and-gunstore) And if you do go to Sonora or, if you just want a good Parisian crossiant, stay at the Barretta Inn!

• Stayed August 2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)

Been to Barretta Gardens Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!