“at best, average” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Mukilteo, Washington
“at best, average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I don't normally feel compelled to leave a review, but when I feel like other reviewers have misled me, I feel the need to balance the score. I actually looked up a breakfast place on another review based search engine and was delighted to find this little place as it had 4.5 stars after a solid 30 reviews.

Appearances first, eh it wasn't what I was expecting in terms of a cute, quaint breakfast eatery, but thought maybe it'll be one of those hole in the walls that surprises. My next turn off was our sweaty waiter who came to take our order - I just couldn't help imagining his sweat dripping into my coffee or food as he served it - ick! Next my mocha arrives and again I'm hit with disappointment as it has a distinctly burnt taste to it! The last straw... when asked how I'd like my egg prepared, I request hard boiled, to which he replies, they actually don't do, but he's nice enough to suggest that he can see if he can get one they'd normally use for salads (strange, but hmm, I guess helpful/accommodating?) Score, he does end up bringing me a hardboiled egg, but alas the joy is short lived as I pick it up to find that it's dirty - black stuff taint the bottom of my peeled hard boiled again. Disgusting.

My husband's meal fine on the other hand, so it wasn't a total loss.

With all the cute and yummy places to dine at in Sonoma, you can be sure we won't be returning to the Creekside Cafe!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Moultrie, GA
“Good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Had several breakfasts here during a trip to wine country. Food was good and filling - great to start a long day to drive and tour wineries. Our waitress each day was good.

My one complaint was arriving early one day and receiving an abrupt response from an employee(older male) regarding their opening time - not the response i would have given if I was trying to attract customers.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sonoma, California
“Great Food at this Neighborhood Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We had not been to the Creekside in years and decided to go out for my son's visit home from college. We had a large group, which threw the waitress at first but then, after a short wait ( you can sit outside to wait, which helped here - it is a small place! ) we were seated.

We were happy to get the same high quality of food that we had enjoyed in the past - fresh veggies in the omelets and scrambles, bacon crisp but not overdone, crunchy french toast with fresh fruit, wonderful eggs benedict, coffee drinks made the way they should be... All were reasonably priced.

Service was good, water and coffee were refilled frequently and the busy wait people managed to smile and be cheery ( once they got our big group seated... ) even though the place was swamped on a busy Sunday morning. What a pleasant way to start your day!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent service and food - for breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great prices. Locals go there too. Fast service.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sioux City, Iowa
“if you want Country Cafe...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Atmosphere... rustic / farm / home cooking middle Countryville USA.
Food is good! Sure they skimp on presentation. Doesn't matter when
the platter of food is good and hot with portions plenty. Off the beaten path.
Service warm and friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere