Stayed three nights for a Sonoma getaway. Hotel is conveniently located near centre of town. Check in was quick and friendly, if perhaps a little too efficient. Rooms have to be accessed from outside, and once we found parking (it's a challenge) we did make the trek to the room okay. No elevators, and walkways are not fantastic.
Room was enormous, but dark. We had a king opening up to a small balcony pool-side. It was clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable, though could have used a newer set of bedding. This would be true of much in the room -- overused, hard-used, long-used. Carpet, furniture, and bedding all showed how busy the hotel is. At least, however, it was clean.
Didn't use our fireplace because we were warm enough with August heat. A/C unit was ancient but effective. Nice to have a patio door with screen. Would like to have been able to open bathroom window, too.
Complimentary breakfast required a hike back to "event centre" building each morning, but the hours were great (7-10am) and the food good enough to get by. Staff there worked hard to meet demand, but there are a lot of guests with a lot of demands. Free coffee and tea was also available in lobby. Two wineries showed up Friday evening for complimentary tastings, a nice touch in the courtyard. Appreciated the free wi-fi and local calls, too.
Pool is small but refreshing. Hot tub also available. The "fitness room" is a closet with very little equipment -- why bother, Best Western?!
Location, price, and space made the stay memorable -- we'll return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western