“Delicious local food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 107 Restaurants in Sonoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Napa Street
Description: We are a small family run business on Sonoma's square. Our interior is cozy, seating only 9 tables and the bar and chef's counter.
indianapolis
“Delicious local food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

While visiting Sonoma we were referred to the Harvest Moon Café by one of the locals. We stopped by to check it out, but were unable to get outside patio seating that night, so made a reservation for the following evening while we were there. The menu is limited but is all fresh and local - you can't go wrong with any of it. We chose a delicious melon & prosciutto appetizer that was incredibly flavorful. For the main course, our adult son decided to try the duck and loved it - The rest of us sampled it as well and were all in agreement. The steak and seafood were cooked perfectly and the dessert options were also delicious! This doesn't get quite as much publicity as Girl and the Fig, but was every bit as good. Definitely a place to stop when in Sonoma!

Visited August 2013

Milford, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate here on our last night in Sonoma. The menu is fresh daily and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We liked this much better than The Gl and the Fig.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Average food, lousy dining room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The dining area in this restaurant feels like you are in a cramped basement. There was a heat wave while we were there but the dining area only had fans which made the place very uncomfortable. The meal itself was only fair. I ordered fish and it was well cooked but the meal itself was certainly not memorable. My wife's meal was better than mine for which I was glad. The prices are not cheap (since you are in Sonoma) and the service was nothing special. I honestly don't understand why this place is rated so highly. My food was average at best, I was hot the entire time I was there, the service was just okay, and it was not cheap. I can't for the life of me understand why they get 5 star ratings from people.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Living on their reputation?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Three stars is generous for the meal my husband and I just had at Harvest Moon. We both got cod with quinoa and vegetables and both wished we had ordered something else. The fish was well cooked, but the crust was too salty. That could be scraped off. The quinoa was salty beyond salvage. On the plus side, the patio is a pleasant setting, the salad and vegetables were very good as was the bread. When we left most of our meal and said it was way too salty, our waitress smiled and said she was sorry we didn't enjoy it - as if perhaps, we were anti-salt people. We are not. There are lots of restaurant choices in Sonoma, and we will be going elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Unbelievably delicious, perfect service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was 100% out of this world. Fresh, flavorful--yum! Our waitress was lovely and so much fun, and the outdoor yard setting is very romantic. Outdoor heaters keep the chill off. I'd go back every week if I could!

Visited August 2013