“The girl and the fig, pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Sonoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Californian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Winnipeg, Canada
“The girl and the fig, pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The plat du jour was not offered when I went (sold out? not sure exactly).
We had the pan-roasted brussel sprouts, the soup of the day (I think it was carrot and something? it was very good), beef tartare (it was ok), and the tower ... that was charcuterie, cheese and other things.
I tried a Virgin Pimm, which was recommended (Which I also liked).

The seating was ok, but cramped. Not the most comfortable of places, but you're here for the food. It isn't cheap but not ridiculously over priced either. The service was as was expected from a restaurant with that reputation. They were very busy, though he did answer any questions we had about the menu and made an effort for recommendations. There wasn't much else he could do as he had so many other tables that it was difficult flagging him down at times.

All in all, it's decent and I would go again... however I was told by a concierge that there are other places to try, so it's not necessarily a must go back to place for me.

Visited January 2013

Norfolk
“Great meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had reservations and were seated right away. Unfortunately our table had one seat in the main walkway of the restaurant so there was constant traffic behind us. The meal and the service were excellent so all in all it wasn't that bad. Suggestion - request a table away from the high traffic areas.

Visited January 2013
Fort Collins
“Timing is everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were fortunate to get a seat on a Friday afternoon about 1:30. Only a couple tables were open and as soon as we ordered the place was filled; by the time we left, maybe a dozen people were waiting for a table. I can see why. The menu had at least seven or eight items I wanted to order (usually, a restaurant menu has only a few items that appeal to me -- I prefer distinctive fare at a restaurant, food we don't have at home). Had a terrific creamy squash soup with a half-sandwich of roasted chicken. It was pricey, but this is Sonoma, and it really wasn't excessive. Service was excellent -- a forty-something man who knew details about everything on the menu and how it was prepared, and who explained the chef was in crisis mode because the grinder had burned out, with the evening rush approaching.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Warm champagne, tough pork loin, lackluster service and it looks like it is over for this once primo dining spot. So disappointing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Where do I Begin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of my meal, including the chicken liver appetizer, the duck entree, and the after-dinner dessert/drink. And appreciated the owner stopping by the table to check on us.

Visited November 2012