I planned a getaway " honeymoon" for my wife and me. We had just celebrated the marriage of our second of two daughters within 7 months and my wife certainly deserved a getaway from the east coast. I picked the Ledson off the Internet. Upon our arrival at Sacramento airport, my wife's luggage was lost. Arriving in our room immediately soothed all the frazzled nerves. The room was magnificent, from the impressive decorative moldings to the period drapes and light fixtures. Each room had a theme. We also had a balcony overlooking the town square (a must to ask for). During dinner in the downstairs restaurant, the informal ambiance is what we needed. All seemed to know about our luggage issues and did all they could to make us feel relaxed, as if it was their fault. The following morning, the 9am knock on the door brought the most impressive breakfast one could ask for, deliverer by Angel, and he was a Godsend.
As we headed out for our first day of touring, he told us of the Ledson vineyards, the family history, the details that went into the hotel construction (I still can't believe it's not 100 years old). This guy exemplified the passion everyone felt in working not just for the hotel, but for the Ledson family. Mr Ledson, should you read this, you should be proud of what you have built and for the passion your employees feel towards making your guests welcome. Upon our departure, Angel and Michele made us feel like we were saying farewell to family, but did ask us to come back home soon.
Along with your stay comes a free private wine tasting at the estate. A truly fun and educational experience for a less savvy wine drinker like me.
If you visit the wine country, chose Sonoma. And if you chose Somoma, stay at the Ledson.
- Also Known As:
- Ledson Hotel And Centre Du Vin
- Ledson Hotel Sonoma
- Ledson Hotel Harmony Lounge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ledson Hotel is situated on the historic Sonoma Plaza. The 14-acre plaza was the birthplace of the state of California and is also home to the last mission on the El Camino Real. Richly appointed with antique grandeur and paired with modern amenities, each elegant room reflects a different personality. Visit the lounge and bar for a glass of wine, cocktails, mouth-watering light-fare and the occasional top flight national music act. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Ledson Hotel & Centre du Vin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.