“I love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
PVD
“I love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I just stayed at the Inn at Sonoma for the second time and loved it just as much as the first time! We stayed in a queen size room (last year we had a King) on the second floor and, though the Inn is small, you don't hear a sound. The rooms are cozy and quaint but the small deck outside make the surroundings feel more spacious. Check out the roof-top hot tub!

The breakfast are served buffet-style and the offerings are limited but we love the egg dish each morning. The coffee is delicious and available all day. There is also a wine and cheese hour at the end of each day.

The Inn has Gund teddy bears throughout the place and in each room. I have "adopted" three of them! Definitely worth the money! Too cute to leave behind in the room!

• Liked — The cozy clean rooms!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Sonoma during the last two nights of our week-long stay in wine country to celebrate our first anniversary. What an Inn!! The staff is friendly, the property is beautiful and clean, and filled with charm.

There are tons of great touches that make this hotel an excellent value. For example, there's free wine and appetizers each night in the lobby. The staff gave us free wine tasting coupons for literally every vineyard that was on our list. There are great bikes available to guests for free, and free sodas, water, coffee, and fresh-baked cookies in the lobby all the time.

The free breakfast is extensive, with two hot items each morning (a quiche and a hashbrown dish) cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. We also got the newspaper each morning. Our room was lovely, with charming details that had modern twists, like a gas fireplace (we only had to flip a switch!). We also had a DVD player (with free movies available at the front desk) and a great patio with table and chairs. Wireless internet is also free (my husband appreciated being able to set his fantasy baseball team in the morning. Men.)

We had a great time, and although I originally thought the price was on the high side ($215 for Thursday night; $270 for Friday) I quickly learned what a bargain that is in wine country where a basic motel room goes for close to $200 a night.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the staff- while incredibly nice- seems a bit inexperienced. We arrived early and when I asked if our room was by any chance ready, the woman kind of blinked at me and said "Check in isn't until 3." I said it was fine and could we store our luggage somewhere, and she just seemed kind of confused. Other than that, they were all very friendly and helpful. We'll be back.

• Liked — Great location, awesome extras, lots of homey touches
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about!
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Roselle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

A wonderful place to stay when visiting Sonoma Wine Country. Warm, friendly staff; clean, cozy guestrooms. Outstanding, sumptuous breakfast is provided daily as part of lodging package. Great location: walking distance to Sonoma Plaza, which has some outstanding restaurants )e.g. Della Santina). We loved the opportunity to rent bicycles and tour some wineries (e.g. Sebastiani, Ravenswood, Buena Vista). My wife and I vacation in wine country frequently and would highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Sonoma.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

What a great hotel!! We had a wonderful 3 night stay in the hotel. The staff were friendly, polite and loved to talk! When we arrived 2 hours before check in, our room was ready. Jane gave us all of the information we needed, she was very thorough and friendly. There were some great little amenities like cookies in the lobby, coffee, tea and soda available all day, bikes to borrow, wine hour etc, etc. We got the celebration package to celebrate our anniversary and it was all set up when we checked in. The sparking wine was yummy, as were the chocolates. Breakfast on the deck was a treat. We had a great time at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. It was fantastic!

• Liked — Quiet and the extra amenities
  • Disliked — nothing!
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

What a wonderful inn! You are missing something special if you pass it by for somewhere else. Homey, friendly, clean and spacious with all of the features you would need for a romantic vacation. Breakfast is made fresh every morning and it is a great way to start your day. Don't let the fact that it is located on Highway 12 fool you. You will not hear the traffic from any of the front facing rooms unless you are sitting on your balcony. You can get everywhere, in the town of Somona, from here and on foot and while we did not rent bicycles, they do have them available for your use. The front desk staff was always friendly, courteous and willing to provide suggestions on where to dine in the area. I am glad I found this gem and would recommend it to anyone who is planning a trip to Sonoma.

• Liked — Great rooms; great location
  • Disliked — Nothing
Guildford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This was our second visit to the Inn At Sonoma but our first with our baby (10 months). We could not have been more thrilled with our stay. The Inn staff very kindly provided a very comfortable looking crib for my daughter (she slept beautifully during our stay). The property itself is very clean, staffed by people who are evidently proud to work there and the location is simply excellent.

The breakfasts provided are out of this world, so much so, that I bought the Four Sisters (the Inn is a Four Sisters property) cookbook. They provide homebaked cookies and hot and cold beverages for guests to help themselves.

There is a hot tub on the balcony which my husband and our friends made great use of (guess who was left looking after the baby!).

Would I go here again? Let's just say that we are planning another west coast trip for next year and where there is a Four Sisters Inn, we're staying!

• Liked — The excellent service.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife and I have just returened from a wonderful 4 day stay in Sonoma. We have enjoyed two other Four Sisters' Inns and were pleased to see that there was one if Sonoma (near the wedding we attended).

As has already been mentioned but needs additional emphasis, the location is outstanding. Easy to stroll up the street to the town square for wonderful meals, drinks, shopping, wine tasting, spa treatments, a movie--or nothing at all except people watching.

The breakfasts were what I have come to expect from this great chain--yummy coffee, great baked goods, fresh fruit. We skipped lunch on most days as we didn't have room. The best surprise was that when I woke up at 5 am on the first day (still not in vacation mode!!)--there was hot coffee in the kitchen for me. Talk about surpassing my expectations!

Some wonderful surprises:
It was possible to borrow bikes from the Inn and go on a very reasonable 13 mile ride to do wine tastings at 5 local wineries. The Inn also provided coupons for either half price or free tastings at all of them! What an amazing afternoon this turned out to be--easily the highlight of the trip.

The staff really knows the area and were able to help make arrangments for everything--great dinner ideas, easy transportation to and from the wedding, answered questions about the county fair--very helpful.

On our first afternoon, we were just fried from the whole hub-bub wedding thing and the staff respectfully kept their distance and didn't try to force fun or happiness on us. After we had a chance to rest, however, they were right there with everything we needed.

We stayed in room 5 (very quiet, in the back, lovely fireplace). If I had known better, I would have specifically reserved a second floor room in the front with a balcony for sipping wine and star gazing at night.

For the quality of the experience, I found the rates reasonable and would be happy to stay there again if I found myself in Sonoma.

• Liked — Personal Service and staff suggestions
  • Disliked — Didn't like the fact that they had USA Today rather than the Wall Street Journal--this is a very minor issue!
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!