“Lush landscaping ...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cypress, Texas
“Lush landscaping ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

You expect to have a room that is clean and functional but this hidden gem is also large and surrounded by lovely landscaping.
The staff greets you with a warm smile as you enter for your morning breakfast or to answer your questions for the day.
Put this lodging on your list!

• Stayed October 2013
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello Frank L.!

Thank you for choosing to stay at El Pueblo Inn while you were in Sonoma and thank you also for taking the time to review us!

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our garden and that our staff was attentive to your needs.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again whenever you return to the wine country.

Warm Regards,

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We originally drove to Napa but after struggling to get a room for under $400 headed west to Sonoma.

The visitor centre in Sonoma, were a great help in sorting us out with accommodation and we felt we got a pretty good deal at El Pueblo for around $170 (where there were 3 of us).

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the main square in Sonoma. The staff are friendly, the rooms are pretty basic but quiet,comfortable and clean and we had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Miltonia2013,

I'm so glad that you found your way to us in your travels! We sincerely appreciate your business- thank you for staying at El Pueblo.

I hope that your vacation was enjoyable and that we'll get the chance to serve you again!

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was just average. Clean enough except I thought the carpet needed cleaning. I asked for early check in because of getting ready for a wedding. One of our rooms were ready the other wasn't. She said. Turns out it was ready she just didn't check Over priced.

• Stayed September 2013
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Doxgal,

I am so sorry that we did not get you checked into your room early, I understand that that was inconvenient and I apologize.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I really appreciate your feedback and intend to use the information you've provided to improve our service.

I hope that while you were here you were able to relax and enjoy Sonoma!

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Spent two nights here while on a wine tasting trip. Great location (about five minutes from "The Plaza") and garden grounds. The pool and spa area is open 24 hours because it is not located in the central area. The have an ice machine, cold water and restrooms. Our room was very nice. The free breakfast didn't have waffles but did have all the usual stuff. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello richard g, and thank you for your review!

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our grounds! Thank you
for choosing to stay with us- we truly appreciate your business.

We'd love to host you whenever you return to wine country so please give us a call
when you are able to return.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We rolled into El Pueblo Inn, exhausted and needing and wanting to find a bed for the night..and soon. The service on reception was warm and welcoming, exactly that little bit of comfort we needed after driving all the way from Lake Tahoe. For around $160 we got a 2 double bed room for 3 of us, complete with sumptuous looking beds that provided an excellent night's rest after a hard day cycling around the Sonoma Valley.

Within a few minutes, we'd passed through the tropical gardens encompassed by the hotel and were in our room which was comfortable, with good decor and a sense of quality. The room itself had a TV, fridge, ensuite bathroom with bath.

The pool area was perfect for a spot of winding down, a large sunken jacuzzi to ease the aching limbs and a small gym if you were feeling adventurous. We weren't. The hotel also had bikes to hire for a really reasonable rate (which escapes me..but remember at the time thinking that it was very reasonable!)

Breakfast is served in a small dining room off the reception area, but had a good choice of pastries, bagels, muffins, cereals, toast, fruit etc.

To walk into central Sonoma was a 20 minute walk down one straight road, easy peasy.

All in all, El Pueblo made for a perfect stay in Sonoma, especially if you don't have a massive amount of money to blow on one of the much pricier hotels right in the centre of town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Havemonkeywilltravel (I love your username!)

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us while you were exploring the wine country!

I am so glad to hear that we were able to welcome you and get you situated comfortably after your travels. Thank you for your lovely comments about our rooms and grounds! I hope that the rest of your trip is enjoyable and if you ever should return to Sonoma that you will choose to stay with us.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stay away from this place if you want a decent night's rest. In all of my travels, this is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest beds I have ever encountered in a hotel. In fact I am writing my review at 2 in the morning during my stay at the hotel because I can't sleep. Location is good and rooms are clean but the hard, uncomfortable bed makes this hotel unbearable.

• Stayed September 2013
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear lovetoski1973,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate feedback.

I'm so sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable! They are Simmons BeautyRest mattresses and I have one at home that I really like, but I have added a fluffy topper to mine. We have talked about switching to pillowtop mattresses and your review leads me to believe that we should look into them more directly.

Again, I apologize for your uncomfortable stay, I hope that your time in Sonoma was enjoyable and thank you for your patronage.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were only staying in Sonoma Valley for one night we we chose to stay at the El Pueblo Inn. I guess that from the pictures I expected more of a Hotel than Motel - all of the rooms are accessed from outdoors, I was expecting an interior hallway. However, once we were inside the room, we were very pleasantly surprised. Two huge beds plenty of drawer space (needed to repack the suitcases) and a nice clean room and clean bathroom. There was even a patio out back that overlooked the fountains. The continental breakfast the next morning was just very simple - but that is what continental breakfasts are - a muffin, juice, and some fruit - and of course coffee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear foodietravel73 (love your username!)-

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor!

Thank you also for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your business.
I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable during your short stay in Sonoma!

I hope that you will return to Wine Country soon and that we will get the chance to host you again.

Warm Regards,

El Pueblo Inn

Been to El Pueblo Inn? Share your experiences!