“Good option in Sonoma that won't destroy the wallet” 4 of 5 stars

You added El Pueblo Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   896 W. Napa St., Sonoma, CA 95476   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Brooklyn, NY
“Good option in Sonoma that won't destroy the wallet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The front desk staff were excellent with good suggestions and advice about wineries, restaurants, and other attractions. The breakfast was very good with great options. My partner was very happy about a mango they had one morning. The pool area was nice with an excellent hot tub. The bed and room was nice with cool skylight in the bathroom. For the price this is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Copperdesk63,

Thank you so very much for staying with us-we truly appreciate your business.

Thank you also for your lovely compliments about our property! We're glad that you enjoyed the mangoes and hot tub!

We hope to see you again- and wish you safe travels.

El Pueblo Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I travel a lot, often to not-urban spots (like Sonoma), but am on a government budget. This means I end up at a lot of Best Westerns and some funky independents. I didn't have high expectations when I attended a conference in Sonoma in April 2012 and booked a room at this spot. But it was such a great hotel that I have plans to come back for fun! Great rooms (mine was kind of 50's style kitsch, in a good way, clean and spacious), great pool, beautiful grounds, very quiet, wonderful staff. The breakfast room was perfect, and filled with interesting folks and great food. Centrally located near downtown Sonoma and even better, across the street from Tortilleria Jalisco, where my colleague and I ate both nights we were in the area (it's tough being on a gov't per diem in a town like Sonoma, but Jalisco made it a pleasure).

My husband and I are planning a trip this fall for wine tasting, and because I've been going on about those tacos for over a year. Can't wait!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear SuzeePee,

Thank you for taking time to review us- we really appreciate feedback.
I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and our grounds.

Having Jalisco's right across the street is certainly awesome and many El Pueblo staff members dart across the road, risking life and limb for the sake of a good burrito!

I hope that you are able to return to Sonoma soon and that you will choose to stay with us when you do.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for one night on a quick trip to Sonoma. The room was large, comfortable and had a balcony with chairs and table overlooking the garden area. Perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about wineries, restaurants and the area. Even received a card in the mail thanking us for our stay. If we ever return to Sonoma this will be where we stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear mlynnsf,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we truly appreciate your business. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your patio and our garden area, and I'm hoping that Sonoma wasn't too chilly for you!

Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here two nights in mid-May as part of a week-long trip through Northern California. Great location. Friendly staff. Super clean rooms. Good, competitive rates. Comfy beds and linens. And this may seem trivial to some, but plenty of easy-to-access wall plugs for all your electric gadgets! Would I stay here again? Yup - no brainer.

Dear cpags,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to northern California! I hope that enjoyed your visit to the wine country and that you will return again soon,
P.S. Easily accessible electric outlets are no trivial matter! Thank you for appreciating them!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently returned from a 3-night stay at the El Pueblo Inn in Sonoma. We were very happy with our choice. We did not have enough time to stay in both Sonoma & Napa and after reading the reviews on TA I opted for Sonoma. We had a very nice room facing the courtyard. There was a small patio which was lovely. The room was quite large and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool each afternoon after returning from our wanderings as it was quite hot in Sonoma while we were there. The continental breakfast was just what we like - cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice & toast. Because the Inn is off a busy street I was concerned about noise. However, the rooms facing the courtyard are away from street noise and the fountain in the courtyard drowns out any traffic noise one might hear. I would repeat what others have mentioned about the outdated television. Flat screens and a good choice of channels would be a plus.

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor room facing the inner courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Carol G. and thank you for your review!

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, we are happy when you are happy!
I'm also glad that the weather cooperated and you were able to enjoy our pool.
Please come back and stay with us again when you return to Sonoma!

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Here are some jokes inspired by my recent experience with the El Pueblo Inn:

What do you call a hotel that confirms your online reservation but then cancels it without calling you?

The El Pueblo Inn!

What do you call a hotel manager who doesn't apologize for her hotel's mistake but says it's "unfortunate" you didn't get her cancellation email, and says she "cannot be responsible for internet problems"?

Jessica Shatto, manager of the El Pueblo Inn!

Don't think these jokes are funny? Me neither. But trust me, El Pueblo Inn's online reservation system and customer service are definitely a joke.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Michael_Skrzy,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with your reservation at El Pueblo Inn.
We became overbooked and did not handle the matter as we should have. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and I hope that you will call me at 1-800-900-8844 Ext. 409 so that we can speak further about this situation.

Tahoe City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great pool area, VERY clean rooms, nicely appointed, super comfy beds, very nice staff. And a good value on top of all that. I Highly recommend staying here. I've stayed here twice and the onbly negative thing I could comment on was when I asked for a late check out due to the fact that my one year old would be napping right at check out time, the person working the front desk was not willing to extend it for me. But the day prior when I asked a different front desk person, she said it would be find. So that was kind of a hassle.

Room Tip: The larger rooms with patios are very nice and worth the extra cost. They look out onto a lovely cou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kaala S, Public Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Tahoegal09,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your business and we are so glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us. I apologize for the trouble you had with checking out late- I wish that we had been more accomodating for you and I will speak with our staff about this incident.

I hope that you are able to return to Sonoma soon and that we are able to serve you again!

Kaala Stewart

Been to El Pueblo Inn? Share your experiences!