“AWESOME!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 21 Attractions in Sonoma
Type: Race Car Tracks, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: A Racing School with World-class instructors operating from a state-of-the-art facility at the finest road course in America. The Simraceway Performance Driving Center graduates hundreds of career-minded racers and thousands of motoring enthusiasts each year, so whether you're seeking a life-changing experience or yearning for the experience of a lifetime, take a look at the wide range of programs and courses we offer to find out what we can do for you.
San Francisco, California
“AWESOME!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you are even NEAR Sonoma & you love cars & you love driving you have to go to one of their schools. Simraceway is without question the finest driving - racing school in North America. Exceptional programs for all levels of drivers.

Visited November 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Phenomenal experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Even if you have experience in tracking a road car, this is an experience at a higher level.
Great Lola F3 cars, awesome instructors. I'm definitely doing level II.

San Francisco, California
“Highway Survival Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

So fantastic!! I learned SO much and feel so much more comfortable driving--not to mention the whole day was so much fun! The instructors are absolutely fantastic -- made the whole day whiz by and a real pleasure. I didn't want to leave! Thank you so much for a really fun and educational day!

Santa Cruz, California
“If you want to go fast. . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Get to Simraceway, period. I participated in the 2 Day Stage I Formula 3 class. If you have never been on a track, and don't have some basic racing theory or knowledge of car physics and handling, I strongly suggest picking up a racing physics book and studying for a month or so prior to your class. I did, and the return I got from studying was unequivocal. I had a first rate experience from top to bottom. Class sizes are small and therefore conducive to one on one teacher student interactions. Your already doing skid pad exercises in the car for 20 minutes when you finally realize, "I'm in a #*@!^&$ race car!" The only thing governing your speed is your courage, and if you've got courage then you will also find the limit of that courage rather quickly. Going full speed across the start/finish 1ft away from the concrete barricade into the bottom of turn one, is a life affirming sort of experience! The instructors are riding along with you(in your earpiece)so that you are hearing live feedback as you are coping with the idea that you may just have to abandon everything you once knew and become a professional race car driver in Europe. That moment happened for me when I was encouraged by my instructor to, "Pass him now!!!" And I did, just after the apex in turn 10 I flew past my classmate never to see him again! The catered lunch was delicious and freshly prepared. Nico Rondet, the lead instructor, knows what he is doing. Listen to him if you want to learn, if not, your doing yourself a disservice. If I had the means to take the other four stages of the school, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Visited October 2013

Sonoma, California
“Addictive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

There are no words to describe what driving the Formula 3 car at speed is like. Nothing in my experience compares to it. 1200 pounds and 225 bhp -- 5.33 lbs./bhp. These cars are quick. The track is a dream, yet demanding, and the instruction is absolutely first rate. I waited too long to do this. I have done the half-day Grand Prix Masters class and the Stage 1 Racing School. I am signed up to do Stage 2 at the end of this month. It is physically and mentally demanding beyond belief, requiring absolute focus and complete concentration. At the end of the day you will feel it; you will be tired, yet exhilarated.