“Great experience, but a bit short-changed” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 80 things to do in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: YOU.THE TRACK. THE TRUTH The track, the cars, the exhilaration. There is only one place in North America to enhance driving skills while discovering the capabilities of Audi performance models-Audi Forum at Sonoma Raceway. Under the expert supervision of top professional drivers, you can experience the true performance potential of the R8 sports car, along with the S and RS models.
Burlingame, California
“Great experience, but a bit short-changed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Exhilarating experience being able to test the limits in a World Class car on a great track. The staff was first class, incredibly knowledgeable and I learned a lot in a short amount of time. A well organized program, and my clients had a great time. When I paid for the Experience, I paid up for an "all R8" Experience, but that is not what I got. Second half of the day was R8's, but the whole morning, and first pass on the track in the afternoon was in RS5's. Additionally, for the cost, I didn't feel I got enough time behind the wheel of the R8 on the track without being limited by drivers in front of me. I feel like I was just beginning to attack the track properly when the day ended. Would rather pass on the long off-site lunch and get more time in the car.

Visited April 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Danny A, Guest Relations Manager at Audi Sportscar Experience, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks Brian for the feedback! We are happy that you had a fun time with us. If you liked driving the Audi R8 and want more track time, I would suggest the R8 Intermediate course. Since you got a taste of the R8 with the R8 Introduction program, you can white-knuckle your day with the R8 as the only car you will drive for the entire day. As for our off-site lunch, we love to offer our clients a premium experience in the wine country while they visit us. It is the same amount of time you would get eating at the track however this way you get to experience some exclusive Audi models in real world conditions. We can’t wait to see you at the track in the future.

Great Falls, Montana
“Truly amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I took the introduction and the intermediate Audi sports car experience. This was an awesome experience indeed. A year ago I also took Audi driver training in Germany. All those courses are taught by race car drivers. In a safe environment you learn the limits of the cars and what to do when something does not go well. Those cars are truly amazing. You drive Audi TTS, RS5 and the supercar R8. It was a memorable experience. If you want to be a better day to day driver you should take those courses.

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Disneyland for adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you like driving really cool cars fast and in a safe environment with excellent expert professional guidance, this is the track experience for you. I did my introductory session on a gloriously sunlit day which was addictive. My intermediate session was in the rain, which made me a bit apprehensive at first, but then I realized what an opportunity it actually was to push the cars to their limits in more challenging conditions. The R8 is an amazing experience with incredible grip even in the rain with the ABS keeping it safe even when things started sliding. The instructors were fantastic in both sessions with Jeff leading my intro session and Andrew in my intermediate session. Both translated the track experience into advice on how to achieve a safe and more fun road experience on a daily basis. Definitely a daylong rush that was worth every dollar. I can't wait for my final session when you're driving with the instructor as your passenger and you're picking your own line through the track. Should be a blast.

Springfield, United States
“Audi R8 Drving Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Excellent experience! The staff was couteous, fun and accomodating, but most of all professional. The track, in beautiful Sonoma, CA. was challenging and being able to navigate it in an Audi R8, a once in a lifetime experience. I plan to go back to attend the advanced course as soon as my shcedule permits!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Best Racing Experience for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Could not have been better. I have gone to Autocross. Raced both at autocross and the track. Going again soon.